Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

What kind of OBD2 reader are you guys using for your Outback?

I've got a SP Tools SP61150 reader, I'm not impressed with it. It can't connect to my Outback, it does connect to and read my mates 2008 Impreza STI..
My mate has a tool to read and adjust all kinds of things to his STI, but that also doesn't work on my Outback..

I've got a CEL what appears completely random, I like to have that fixed.

Thanks

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,628 Posts
I use torque pro for android $5. on my phone, with a $15 blue tooth dongle.
(nice to have it handy for all things, and not just subarus).

I might buy a Autel brand hand held
(some existing threads give model #s from people that think they work well with subarus)

I also use free software on my windows laptop> Rom-Raider. with a $10 Vag cable. (works with my pair of 2002)

and see the link in my signature, and fill it out. (a 1996 outback is not a 2019)

·
Registered
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
963 Posts
I have this one (Autel Maxidiag MD802)

i paid around $550 for it some years ago but it has paid for itself many many times.

The updates are now free (I had to subscribe to updates for the first three years or so) as it is now an older model BUT there are still regular updates about every month or so.

It has worked on every car I have plugged it into.

Seagrass

·
Registered
'04 Outback, 2.5 H4, 4SPD Auto, Cold Wx PAckage, 01 Dakota QC 4WD, 14 Equinox LT
165 Posts
My son bought me a Blue Driver OBD dongle, downloaded the Android App, connects to My '04 H4 no problem. Also connects to my 01 Dodge Dakota, my wifes 14 Equinox and I am going to see if it connects to my niece's 07 Mazda 3 2.3 Hatch next weekend.

·
Registered
2003 Impreza Outback Sport 2.5L - K&N stock box filter, resonator eliminator tube, eBay header, WRX exhaust, Perrin crank pulley, Koni fronts, Whiteline end links front and rear and rear sway bar
98 Posts
Blue Driver FTW!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts