Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

OBS Obsessed, ,
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this knocked around on NABISCO for the WRX quite a bit, but
I am thinking of getting vanity plates on my Outback Impreza. A lot of possibilites are taken. I am considering these at the moment:

AWD RU (a play on subaRU and are you)
AWD OBS (obvious)
SUBREW (I like beer and homebrewing too :))
BLEWRDG (cuz other variations of Blue Ridge are gone)
BLEWRIJ (ditto)

Wondering if anyone had any other ideas for the OBS Impreza.

We'll see what feedback I get on my plates then maybe I'll post a poll.

I also thought it might be cool to come up with potential vanity plates for the Outback.

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
My Nebraska plates say "CAO CAO" on them. I almost put "FEI DIAN" on there because that is the name of Cao Cao's famed horse which supposedly had a coat of gold like my car.

I will probably just stick to Three Kingdoms names for the vanity plates on my cars. I will choose the names dependidng on the color and personality the car embodies as towards the historical 3K person.

Still back in high school my dream car was a new Pontiac Trans Am, I had the plan of putting "SIEVE BOY" on the plates :D

OBS Obsessed, ,
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else? Feedback on my plates?

or ideas for Outback plates

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Many ways to convey a message or just fun on your new plates.

IMAWDRU

H20PWRD ( I've always liked that one!)

ILUVSNW

NOTAWRX

FLT4FUN

4WDFURY

BLUBARU

And I just thought of those now! Brian

Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
I defniitely like BLUBARU for Blue Ridge... here we only get 3 Numbers and 2 letters unless willing to spend about $2000, pity, as OUTBCK is available still..

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
Jondalar said:
I defniitely like BLUBARU for Blue Ridge...
Sounds good to me as well, I think we have a winner! :D

Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Jondalar said:
I defniitely like BLUBARU for Blue Ridge... here we only get 3 Numbers and 2 letters unless willing to spend about $2000, pity, as OUTBCK is available still..
Yes BLUBARU would suit my current car as well as my previous car.

Actually there are a few other options we get as well including the new Euro plates (except they start with Q and end with Z). Have a look at PPQ click on plate options and then on the second line there are the different types of plates. I was surprised there were so many different options. Trying to pick a combo that is effective and will last is another issue.

Registered
bheinz57 said:
OK, I don't get it. What's H20 Powered? Or was that supposed to be H2O powered, as in "water powered"? Even then, I don't get it...what am I missing here?

Matt

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Matt, you got it. 'Water powered' And it worked---it got you/people thinking. Isn't that what you want with a vanity plate, some vein ... People will think of that plate long after you are gone from their sight. I wanted to do that plate years ago.... But how about BLUBARU It's getting rave reviews!!! Looks like Blue Ridge OBS needs to add that to his list:D Later..... Brian

Registered
OK, so I think you meant H2OPWRD, not H20PWRD. :p Anyway, I still don't see the relevance. Why water powered?

If vanity plates were cheaper, I would really look into seeing if IMAWDRU was available. I like that one!

Matt

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
I tried to check availability of a vanity plate in Ohio, but the only way you can see the list is to begin the registration renewal process. So I began that process, but was rejected because I was not in the renewal timeframe (my registrations expire in November).

I'm not seriously considering getting a vanity plate, but I'll bet GOJIRA is available...

OBS Obsessed, ,
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback. BLUBARU, huh? Hmm, I know what it would mean to me, but considering the car is not blue it would be confusing I think. Have to give that some more thought. Kinda leaning towards IMAWDRU and BLEWRDG.

Registered
The_Lizard said:
I tried to check availability of a vanity plate in Ohio, but the only way you can see the list is to begin the registration renewal process. So I began that process, but was rejected because I was not in the renewal timeframe (my registrations expire in November).

I'm not seriously considering getting a vanity plate, but I'll bet GOJIRA is available...
Did you use OPLATES to check? You do not need to be registering anything to do this.

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
BLUBARU, huh? Hmm, I know what it would mean to me, but considering the car is not blue it would be confusing I think.
Well, look at your login name here "Blue Ridge OBS" If someone doesn't know your geographic location, they might think that is the color of your car. And besides, it's always fun when your plates aren't figured out right away, isn't it? Brian

Registered
The guys that have met me have a distinct advantage but my Camaro's plate is XTERNUS. Anyone care to try and figure that out?

Registered
Brian,

I'm guessing you didn't see my question that I posted above...I'm still confused by "water powered"...does that have something to do with Subaru that I don't know about? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I really can't figure out the relevance. :(

Matt

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Matt, no relevance at all. I always wanted that on my plate to get people wondering, water powered, really? Just like it got you thinking about it, that's all I ever wanted in a plate, and H2OPWRD did just that. Brian

Registered
Ahh, ok. You jerk! :p I thought it had something to do with Subarus. :1pat:

And, anyway, I still say it should be H2OPWRD, not H20PWRD. ;)

Matt

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Matt, it does say that.....After my edit on the last post anyway. You are looking too closely! Brian

1 - 20 of 33 Posts