Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my color matched mudflaps off 'cause one was loosing the paint. The plastic color was bright blue, so I took all four off. They are the factory color matched expensive ones.
I'm glad I took them off, the paint has rub lines in it around the contact points along the fenders. I will get some plain jane black ones that attatch to the inner wheel well only and not wrap around to rub the fender. Just thought I would let you know what to look for in the future if you have 'em. Brian

·
Registered
195 Posts
bheinz57 said:
I took my color matched mudflaps off 'cause one was loosing the paint. The plastic color was bright blue, so I took all four off.
Ow. Not good. I do have those, too, but probably wouldn't show much among the silver paint.

·
Registered
42 Posts
An option for potential OBS owners who want the mud guards is to go with the flat black ones that are intended for the TS/RS wagon. I personally didn't like the look of the painted mud guards and when I found out they were more expensive than the regular black ones my mind was made up. Must have been the first OBS buyer to ever want the black ones since the dealer initially told me only the painted ones would fit, but that was obviously hooey, since the bodywork of the TS is the same as the OBS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
bmorton
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing