Votes: 3 21.4%
  • RS Sedan

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, a friend of mine is trying to decide what kind of 2004 Impreza he wants to buy. He would like to get an RS Sedan only because he thinks wagons are not cool. I've been trying to tell him otherwise, so I told him I'd poll it here to get everyone's feedback from this site. I've told him he needs an OBS, but its the wagon thing for him :rolleyes:

Anyway both the TS and the OBS are cheaper than the RS and you can get far more usage out of the 2 wagons. On top of that the insurance rate for the RS is higher. Personally I think he's a nut, but maybe he'll come around and see how cool wagons really are :4:

Please vote and give us any honest thoughts on this matter, thanks ahead of time guys! :D

Registered
MY99 3rd Gen Outback GX, 2004 Lexus RX330 Sport Luxury
What's a TS ? Does the OBS have the 2L engine or the EJ25 in the USA ? Here in Oz the Impreza RS has the EJ25 with the identical interior (including sports seats and Momo wheel) as the WRX, with bodykit, but with 16" alloys instead of 17s....is it the same in the USA ?

*EDIT*

Ok, scrap that, I just checked the Suby USA website. You're lucky to get the Impreza wagon with the 2.5, the RS only comes as a sedan down here.

I would say the TS....identical engine/drivetrain, cheaper price, and a versatile load space (and cheaper insurance). The choice between the TS & OBS just comes down to styling preference.

Btw, as I already own a wagon, I'd choose the RS sedan myself, it's a nice little package. ;)

Registered
I would choose RS too. Not too big a fan of the looks of the Impreza wagons.

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
Not too big a fan of the looks of the Impreza wagons.
Not even with a SAAB front end on it? *cackle*

- saw one of those at the Detroit auto show -

I am totally biased toward the wagon - I don't care much about looks, and a wagon can do any job a sedan can.

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Outback Sport, for sure. Kevin, get your friend to see mine:p It might lean him toward the OBS. The seats are more comfy than the TS, the TS comes with 15" steel wheels standard. I get an accessory socket in the back, outdoor temp gauge... It was no big choice for me, the OBS shined. I personally did not even consider the 2.5RS 'cause it was more expensive. I love having the versatility of the wagon. Yeah, give me a call Kevin, bring your friend over and let them see the beastly OBS! Brian

PS I'm in the book:cool:

Registered
'03 BH6 PSM
I love all of the above, but I just gotta go with the RS, if it is 98-01.
Otherwise, I'd go with the OBS.
You said to be honest, so I am:2:

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
Discussion Starter #7
SuBaRuRuLeS said:
I love all of the above, but I just gotta go with the RS, if it is 98-01.
Otherwise, I'd go with the OBS.
You said to be honest, so I am:2:
I admire your honesty although I was referring to the 2004 Impreza models, I should have mentioned that in my first post (I'll edit it). SuBaRuRuLeS I'll go ahead and change your vote to an OBS, Mkay?

BTW, I love the old <2001 RS's, if I were to buy a new Impreza and it wasn't a WRX it would have to be an OBS :4:

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Did he get his shiny new wagon yet? C'mon, man the wagons are girl magnets! Well, I mean they are very practical... Brian

OBS Obsessed, ,
I drove all three including the WRX wagon and went with the OBS!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts