Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I have a 2017 and when I make a tight right turn slightly up a hill (has to be a very specific type of turn - only happens in my work parking lot) I can hear a short "clunk" noise coming from what is certainly the rear of the car and likely the passenger side.

"Clunk" is the best word I can use to describe it but it does sound a lot more like the noise that a piece of sheet metal makes when you flex it.

I have tightened down the spare tire but am at a loss as to what else it could be. I cannot imagine any suspension components are showing wear at this point in their life?

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
1,667 Posts
Is the jack secured properly?

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
4,543 Posts
If it's easy to duplicate the issue, have someone else drive it while you stand outside and listen for the location. It's much easier to pinpoint this way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

• Jack wasn't secured properly but is now; noise still present
  • Car has 54,XXX kms
  • 99% sure the sound is coming from inside the car, sound is very familiar to the "popping" sound you get when you flex sheet metal.
I should also mention I had a per-purchase inspection done by a private mechanic before buying the car so I'd like to think major components (i.e. struts, bearings, etc.) were found to be in good order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts