Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Having a troublesome Outback -11.
But now I have a question regarding IAT and AAT value reading from my ODB2
I reacted to the fact that the IAT rises when running the car. So I started to investigate a bit and my starting point is.
IAT is supposed to be together with the MAF in the air intake. Right?
When I manipulate the MAF, with hairblower and ice, with the MAF hanging loose and connected I don´t see a change in the IAT values. The values that change according to my ODB2 are the AAT values. Strange?

Most seem to say that the AAT is mounted in the front under the cooler. BUT this is not the part that is sending the AAT value to my ODB2 (or AIT according to the ODB2)! The tempsensor in the front gives the temp that is shown in the dashboard display and seems to work ok when I manipulate it.

So what on earth is my ODB2 doing to take the AAT value and display that as IAT? And taking the IAT and displaying that as AAT value? What is wrong here?

What is the source of the AAT value as it is not the sensor in the front under the cooler?

Really hoping for some help and insight.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited 2013 Crosstrek (traded) 2020 Outback premium pkg11
281 Posts
You're right. Ambient temp out front and intake temp part of MAF. What scanner? Can you try a different one? Maybe the scanner just got the abbreviations wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right. Ambient temp out front and intake temp part of MAF. What scanner? Can you try a different one? Maybe the scanner just got the abbreviations wrong.
Hi. But there has to be another sensor for the AAT. Because if I manipulate the sensor in the front the temperature displayed in the dasboard as outer temp changes according to manipulation. But the ODB2 reading does not change at all with this. So question is which sensor the car gets the value from?

Or am I looking at the wrong part. I have understood that the combined MAF and IAT is just after the air intake filter. Is this correct? Because my ODB2 thinks that is the AAT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts