Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 2.5L legacy that needs a new crankshaft seal, timing belt and accessories and head gaskets. I was looking at parts from rockauto.com but there are several different brands a available in different price ranges. Does anyone know which companies manufacture OEM Subaru parts? Any brands I should go with or stay away from? Is it better to get the parts from the dealer for these repairs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Subaru parts online there are a few of them - check their location there is one in Seattle area and one on the East coast which case your shipping cost factors into the sale price.
These are all subaru dealers running a second business out of their parts dept selling OEM parts through an online business at discounted prices compared to what they charge you at the counter.

OEM is best given you get the updated proper fitting parts - the HG make sure they give you the turbo gasket which fits the non turbo and is the fix all the guys are using to address the leaky HG in that gen 2.5.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Subaru parts online there are a few of them - check their location there is one in Seattle area and one on the East coast which case your shipping cost factors into the sale price.
These are all subaru dealers running a second business out of their parts dept selling OEM parts through an online business at discounted prices compared to what they charge you at the counter.

OEM is best given you get the updated proper fitting parts - the HG make sure they give you the turbo gasket which fits the non turbo and is the fix all the guys are using to address the leaky HG in that gen 2.5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts