Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used pair of factory crossbars for my 1996 Legacy Outback. When I attempted to install them today I was unable to get one of them to install because it was about 3/8" longer than the other one. Otherwise they were identical. Weird. Are there different length crossbars for different model years?

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
Can't remember how it was on my '98, but on my '06 the ends actually slide on the bar, because the rails are not exactly parallel. So the bars are variable width depending on how far forward or back they go on the rails.

Is it possible yours are just stuck?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bar length is adjustable but not nearly enough to make the longer bar fit. The shorter crossbar went on with no problems, but there was no way I could get the longer one to fit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks like your normal 4 inch Grinder :29:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok! It is Grinder!
Grinder = "balgarka". else I used the grinder for the manufacture of textolite subframe spacers and textolite struts spacers. Nice tool!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Vitaliy
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing