Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Subaru Warehouse Parts has a deal going on with the Subaru-branded roof rack. They dropped the price to $200. Type AUG12 at checkout (it says so on the home page) for 20% off your order, leaving you with $160. Factor in that sweet $150 rebate from SoA, and you're left paying $10 before shipping costs. I ordered mine and will let you all know how it goes. If it doesn't work, at least I still got the roof rack for $200. =D

·
Registered
40 Posts
what rebate?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's tricky, you have to just click the accessories tab at the top and you'll see the $199 pricing, but if you dive into the outback sub categories, it shows $299. Either way I just placed the order for $184 shipped, ($199-$40 w/ coupon code). I'm hoping the rebate doesn't have a minimum paid price or anything... if so, getting that roof rack for $25 shipped is absolutely epic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's tricky, you have to just click the accessories tab at the top and you'll see the $199 pricing, but if you dive into the outback sub categories, it shows $299. Either way I just placed the order for $184 shipped, ($199-$40 w/ coupon code). I'm hoping the rebate doesn't have a minimum paid price or anything... if so, getting that roof rack for $25 shipped is absolutely epic.

Subaru doesn't care. Contact them via email or phone and they will set you up with a case. Email them a copy of your invoice showing you paid for your cargo basket, and a check will be in the mail in about 3 days.

I got mine for about $40 shipped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Subaru doesn't care. Contact them via email or phone and they will set you up with a case. Email them a copy of your invoice showing you paid for your cargo basket, and a check will be in the mail in about 3 days.

I got mine for about $40 shipped.
hman, you took a lot of worry off my shoulders there haha I was sitting here flipping a coin on whether or not they'd send the rebate. Well that's awesome to hear, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It will work as OP described. I got mine for about $30 two years ago. $10 is best I have ever heard though.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Anyone know if the rebate is good for Canadian's?
I doubt it. Everything that the US offers to their customers often does not apply to us . They have SOA...we have SCI...two totally different companies. My car is in for service today so I will ask though. I will not expect the offer to apply to us.

·
Registered
417 Posts
So after you purchase the basket you call SOA for the rebate? Do you have to complain first or just get straight to the point?

Just to clarify all SOA needs is a copy of the receipt?

·
Registered
271 Posts
So after you purchase the basket you call SOA for the rebate? Do you have to complain first or just get straight to the point?

Just to clarify all SOA needs is a copy of the receipt?
Yep, no need to complain, just tell them you've heard about the rebate and that you would like instructions on how to receive it. Once you have that info, just provide them a copy of the receipt. That's seriously all.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I doubt it. Everything that the US offers to their customers often does not apply to us . They have SOA...we have SCI...two totally different companies. My car is in for service today so I will ask though. I will not expect the offer to apply to us.
...I asked and once again...we Canadians do not get this offer. Bumber.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok sorry but I a new to subaru - How do I contact SOA? I want to order one too.

-Mike.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I don't think '13s with the wider spread on the crossbars get the deal. Lots of complaints on the earlier short spread- hence the deal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are correct it is a No Go for my 2013 but I had my friend with a 2011 request the rebate with his VIN.

Thanks for the info!

-Mike

·
Registered
271 Posts
ATTENTION: I was just informed by SOA that subaru parts warehouse is not an authorized dealer, you must order from an authorized dealer. I'm trying to order mine today.
It is actually Premier Subaru (an authorized Subaru dealer and parts distributor) doing business as "Subaru Parts Warehouse". I would recommend you contact SOA again and confirm Premier Subaru is an authorized dealer, since the invoice/packing slip/receipt comes from Premier Subaru.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ATTENTION: I was just informed by SOA that subaru parts warehouse is not an authorized dealer, you must order from an authorized dealer. I'm trying to order mine today.
That's weird. I received mine from SPW and the rebate was honored. You may have talked to the wrong person.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
15 Participants
Leopolis
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing