Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for replacement rear struts for my 2007 Outback 2.5i w/ 126k-ish miles. Are OEM strut assemblies available? I haven't been able to find them. I figure my best bet for a smooth repair is OEM+Assembly. This will be my first time doing any suspension repair and want to avoid multiple bike rides to the auto parts store.

|| Maltese Cat || 2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i, 126k-ish miles ||

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,619 Posts
KYB struts are OEM and a great replacement. It's what I did with no regrets.

You can do an intermediate procedure, remove the assemblies your self, then take them and your new struts to a shop. Pay them to swap the new parts in.

I was just speaking to a shop foreman last night while getting our 03 inspected. He reports good success with Monroe quick-struts (or w'ever they're called) He claims no excessive complaints or returns and they (Midas) have a 2 year warranty on them I think? They also seem to have about 4 star review average on Amazon.

Personally, I'd use KYB.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,553 Posts
I'm looking for replacement rear struts for my 2007 Outback 2.5i w/ 126k-ish miles. Are OEM strut assemblies available? I haven't been able to find them. I figure my best bet for a smooth repair is OEM+Assembly. This will be my first time doing any suspension repair and want to avoid multiple bike rides to the auto parts store.

|| Maltese Cat || 2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i, 126k-ish miles ||
OEM-supplied OB struts tend to squeak/clunk after settling. There's some speculation for a design flaw (reused Legacy design pushed beyond its abilities), but no hard data to confirm.

Supposedly, the aftermarket KYBs do no have this issue as the aftermarket units were "unified" under one design of internal strut construction that fixes the OB's issue at the expense of the Legacy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts