Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of their own OB or other Gen4 OB's with OEM Subaru wheels from other models? I'm interested in seeing what the Impreza Sport, Legacy Premium or even the Crosstrek wheels look like on the OB.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

·
Registered
2006 OBW 5MT 2.5i, Satin White Pearl
71 Posts
The BRZ wheels are tops in my book for a swap to my 06 OB.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Thanks, pt37. The 2014 Forester wheels look great. Not a fan of the BRZ wheels on the OB..they look cheap, IMO.

For reference:

2014 Forester wheels on Gen4 OB:

BRZ wheels on Gen4 OB:

Still interested in seeing the Impreza Sport wheels on the OB, anyone with photoshop skills care to take a stab at it?

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Outback, 2015 2.5i Legacy w/Eyesight
595 Posts
^ Thanks, pt37. The 2014 Forester wheels look great. Not a fan of the BRZ wheels on the OB..they look cheap, IMO.

For reference:

2014 Forester wheels on Gen4 OB:

BRZ wheels on Gen4 OB:

Still interested in seeing the Impreza Sport wheels on the OB, anyone with photoshop skills care to take a stab at it?
Keep in mind that the tire sidewalls won't be so low-profile on the Outbacks as depicted here. The default rims for all vehicles pictured here are 17", so any further photo-shopping should replace the rims but not the tires to get the proportions correct (unless the rim size is different of course).

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's my attempt at photochop:

Impreza Sport Premium Wheels:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And Crosstrek wheels:

I'm usually not a fan of dark wheels on a dark color, but these aren't bad. I think the 2014 Forester wheels are still my favorite but I'd have to see them in person.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For direct comparison the 2014 Forester Wheels:

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5i
112 Posts
How would you guys go about getting a set of wheels?
Probably the folks on another Subaru board.
I personally would rather have function over form
so GOLD Enkei RPF01 > Oem subaru wheel (except 04 BBS STI wheels)

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight
241 Posts
AO River.. Could you possibly recreate those last two in Graphite Gray?

Those are pretty good but its hard to imagine since There is a noticeable difference between that blue and Gray.

Thanks

Edit: The XV and Forester wheels on a GG Outback.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2014 Forester wheels on Graphite Gray OB:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Crosstrek wheels on Graphite Gray OB:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Impreza Sport Wheels 13' Outback SAP

Here are two pics of my '13 Outback SAP with '12/'13 OEM Impreza Sport wheels. The gunmetal grey wheels make the white Outback look a bit more aggressive compared to the stock wheels in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
The Impreza Sport wheels look surprisingly good on the OB. Much better so than they looked when they were originally on the OB. The finish makes a huge difference.

I'll be watching eBay for Crosstrek or '13 Forester wheels. The trick will, of course, be convincing the wife that it needs it.

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
648 Posts
I got a 2012 wrx with base model rims, might rotate some rims and tires for a few hours and see how big a difference it is

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight
241 Posts
Here are two picks of my 13' Outback SAP with 12'/13' OEM Impreza Sport wheels. The gunmetal grey wheels make the white Outback look a bit more masculine compared to the stock wheels in my opinion.
Can you post a few more pics, better quality if you can. They look great but seem a bit more tucked in than the stockers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts