Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm whether xenon headlights were ever an option on the Gen 4 Outback? I think they were only available on the 3.6 model but that might have been starting with the Gen 5. If they were an option on the Gen 4, has anyone done an upgrade to them from the halogen headlights?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sadly nothing in the us. I have searched and reached out to multiple sources.

What I have found is tat JDM oem hid is not a good option due to optics/regulations. If you were to do a swap you would want euro oem hid housings. But I cant for the life of me find part numbers. And good poss info I found is in German and cant be translated via the web pages.

If you find any info, please share.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
45 Posts
I agree there is not really any viable OEM option.

For me the stock halogen lights were completely unacceptable. One of my first mods was to add a Morimoto H7 HID upgrade and adjusted the lights down slightly to prevent glare. That was a nice improvement but I was still not satisfied.

My ultimate solution was to buy some used SAP style lights on eBay and install a full H1 Morimoto Retrofit Kit. This completely replaces the optics and adds bi-xenon functionality. The result is fantastic! Super sharp cutoff, better beam spread, and the brights with the OEM halogens supplementing are BRIGHT! Plus the SAP lights look so much better IMHO.

The retrofit is a lot of work but totally worth it!

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i
3,170 Posts
RHD headlights will not work for LHD application the cutoff is different.

use either one in the opposite's market and you will be making a lot of drivers angry for sure...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.