Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Albany yesterday to watch the ECAC Hockey tournament and saw 5 new Outbacks on the way. Of these, three were XT's and one was an LL Bean.
I think that after I got my XT (in September) I didn't see another XT for over a month. Now, I see at least one XT or Legacy GT a week. Does anyone know what percentage of the 05 Outbacks are XT's? Maybe people are finally realizing that the XT is the way to go with the new Outback.

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
1,142 Posts
natethomas said:
....... Maybe people are finally realizing that the XT is the way to go with the new Outback.
Would somebody please write to Subaru New Zealand and tell them!!!!

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
natethomas said:
I went to Albany yesterday to watch the ECAC Hockey tournament and saw 5 new Outbacks on the way. Of these, three were XT's and one was an LL Bean.
I think that after I got my XT (in September) I didn't see another XT for over a month. Now, I see at least one XT or Legacy GT a week. Does anyone know what percentage of the 05 Outbacks are XT's? Maybe people are finally realizing that the XT is the way to go with the new Outback.
Interesting. My experience has been generally the opposite: more 2.5i than turbos. I don't know what the official percentage breakdown divide between the two.

Did you see Cornell/Harvard, Colgate/UVm or both? Were they good games?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Re: Re: % of XT's

Mudge said:

Interesting. My experience has been generally the opposite: more 2.5i than turbos. I don't know what the official percentage breakdown divide between the two.

Did you see Cornell/Harvard, Colgate/UVm or both? Were they good games?
Same here. I have only seen one other XT on the road and my dealer has only sold about 4-5 so far.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the Cornell/Harvard game. My brother in law plays in Cornell's band so my wife and I went to the game. It was a good game - Cornell definately outplayed Harvard. I think that Cornell had about 35 shots and Harvard had 15. We didn't get back to the Boston area until after 2:00 AM, though.

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
natethomas said:
I saw the Cornell/Harvard game. My brother in law plays in Cornell's band so my wife and I went to the game. It was a good game - Cornell definately outplayed Harvard. I think that Cornell had about 35 shots and Harvard had 15. We didn't get back to the Boston area until after 2:00 AM, though.
Yes, I have not seen Cornell play, but I understand they are quite good. I assume they'll be one of the higher seeds in the Road to the Frozen Four.

When I go to Fenway for night games, I don't get home until about that time either.

My local sales guy says he thinks the percentage in this area is about 80/20; 2.5i/2.5t. Major issue: gas mileage.

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
osbornj6 said:
Haven't seen a single on here in the UK. That's probably because Subaru UK don't sell an Outback XT model here (yet).
So, it would be mighty odd (though very cool) to see one, especially a left-hand drive!

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
1,142 Posts
osbornj6 said:
Haven't seen a single on here in the UK. That's probably because Subaru UK don't sell an Outback XT model here (yet).
So....... Maybe the Pom's and the Kiwi's and the Aussie's can gang up on Subaru in Japan to ask why we don't get them??

After all we get a Legacy GT turbo, various WRX's and the Forester XT - so why no OB XT!

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
1,142 Posts
Having said that I have never seen one in all my trips to Japan - so suspect the Outback XT is a USA market only model. Us RHD countries get the Japan domestic market models (or variations thereof).

·
Registered
62 Posts
They don't have a chance

Mudge said:
Yes, I have not seen Cornell play, but I understand they are quite good. I assume they'll be one of the higher seeds in the Road to the Frozen Four.
CC's going to mop the floor with them. Of course I would rather see Cornell win than have Denver University win again...

I see probably 1 XT for every 2 non-turbos (2.5, 3.0) here in Colorado Springs. I'd estimate I see 2 LGTs for every 1 non-turbo Legacy though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey what do you have against DU? That's the most exciting hockey around, without the avalanche all we have is CC and DU. I can't tell you how many times I've seen CC get KILLED by them back when my sister went there.

On topic: Around here there are a number of LLBeaners and a few XTs. I probably see 50/30/20 2.5i/LLBean/XT. Although I'd love to see another XT...in my driveway...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: Re: Re: % of XT's

FastSly said:

Same here. I have only seen one other XT on the road and my dealer has only sold about 4-5 so far.
You wanna see em, come to the Pac NW. In my 10 mile commute this morning I saw three in the other lane and pulled one off the line at a stop light (XT Vs. XT).

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: % of XT's

J_Kirby said:
You wanna see em, come to the Pac NW. In my 10 mile commute this morning I saw three in the other lane and pulled one off the line at a stop light (XT Vs. XT).
Just one more reason why I have to get out to that part of the country (I've been to 46 of the 50 states, but unfortunately Alaska, Washington, and Oregon are 3 of the 4 I have not been to--the other is Arkansas).

Hockey fans: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1979

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't think you'd sell too many if they were available in the UK. The price of petrol here means that an fuel hungry XT is going to burn a hole in the pocket.

Subaru probably has enough "fast" options in the UK with the Impreza STi, the Legacy Spec B and the Forester XT. I don't see UK "petrol heads" wanting a combination of a Outback on steroids, whereas an XT in many of the other countries mentioned can be seen as viable when car tax is lower, petrol prices are lower and altitudes might be higher.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: % of XT's

Mudge said:

Just one more reason why I have to get out to that part of the country (I've been to 46 of the 50 states, but unfortunately Alaska, Washington, and Oregon are 3 of the 4 I have not been to--the other is Arkansas).

/B]

Wow, probably the three most beautiful states!

You better get out there before you're too old my friend. Even this crazy canuck has seen all three of them...

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
osbornj6 said:
I don't think you'd sell too many if they were available in the UK. The price of petrol here means that an fuel hungry XT is going to burn a hole in the pocket.

Subaru probably has enough "fast" options in the UK with the Impreza STi, the Legacy Spec B and the Forester XT. I don't see UK "petrol heads" wanting a combination of a Outback on steroids, whereas an XT in many of the other countries mentioned can be seen as viable when car tax is lower, petrol prices are lower and altitudes might be higher.
So if I brought mine to the UK it would be a rare and expensive exotic car :D

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: % of XT's

FastSly said:

Wow, probably the three most beautiful states!

You better get out there before you're too old my friend. Even this crazy canuck has seen all three of them...
And what about Arkansas?

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
Another Poughkeepsie-Rochester round trip this past weekend. 17 Generation III Outbacks on the road, not a single turbo in the group!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
14 Participants
Boxxerace
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing