Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Outback 2.5i Touring
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can only laugh at this response from SOA on how to turn the radio off so it's not playing when we start up our '18 Outback...

"Unfortunately, there is no way to turn the radio off. This is the design of the audio unit, but I know our engineers are looking into this further so a design change may be available in the future for this. "

Enjoy :headshake:headshake:headshake

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts
We can only laugh at this response from SOA on how to turn the radio off so it's not playing when we start up our '18 Outback...

"Unfortunately, there is no way to turn the radio off. This is the design of the audio unit, but I know our engineers are looking into this further so a design change may be available in the future for this. "

Enjoy :headshake:headshake:headshake
What happens if we wire the power to the radio through a switch by stealing it right at the fuse.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Ox-BX88294-Bypass-Switch/dp/B00DUTDZAK
Fuse Bypass Switch
Just a thought.

Anyone actually tried this already?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can you mute the volume or change input to Aux or something? Or does the outback have to be playing something all the time?

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
549 Posts
Can you mute the volume or change input to Aux or something? Or does the outback have to be playing something all the time?
looks like it has too. There's something else you can do, as few folks have found out...

Set input to bluetooth, even if nothing is playing. It does not go back to radio when you turn off the car.
Use SiriusXM station 0 (ID) that has no sound
Set your FM radio to some noise frequiency instead of radio station

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Still scratching my head wondering why no off button is such a nit...

Cannot recall the last time I used the off button on a car radio.

If it is indeed a first world problem, why not just turn down the volume before shutting off the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts