Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that I could buy Pandora Plus for $5/mo and it would download a quantity of music to my iPhone memory to be played via bluetooth in my OB off-line, so as not to even use my data plan. So I tried it. Worked like a charm the first few days. Started and stopped music while the phone was in my pocket, was controllable on screen for skipping songs, pausing, starting. Hd a full display of what was playing. When I turned off the sound system, or shut off the car the music on the phone stopped. This was good!!!! Loved it...! BUT, after several days it no longer fills in the screen display, can't do skips, can't be paused and when I shut down the car my pocket starts playing music which I then have to fix before I can walk away to where I'm going. So, almost all features failed. I dumped and reloaded the whole Pandora thing but there is no improvement.
Does anyone have experience with this??? Anything I can do to make it work as intended??? I am not in the car enough hours to justify buying a larger data plan and streaming music. I was hoping to replace Sirius/XM with this system, but it's not looking like I'll be doing that unless I can fix Pandora.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 2.5i
333 Posts
I haven't run into problems with my phone (S6) not stopping when it disconnects from the HU. How about other BT music apps? (all of mine are android, but e.g., google music/amazon prime/pandora (basic-streaming), all of which go into pause mode when I turn off the car).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts