Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2002 llbean subaru h6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 1st 2002 ll.bean addition Blew the engine,
So I decided to just go with a brand new 2017 H6 with eyesight

Now I am thinking about installing a hitch on it,

The hitch is going to contain deep cycle baterie, a fridge and a 25 galon water Tank with A whole hot shower set up,

I have the water tank and the shower part covered

I would like to hear recommendations for the hitch and 12 v fridge,

I have also heard of people getting transmission coolers in order to aid in towing, any info is apritiated!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,846 Posts
you can update your about my car thing, as it seems like you still got a 2002 H6 under your name at left.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

________

are you looking to tow a trailer off road ever?

25 gallons of water is 207.5 lbs #???

@grantwilson did some mods like that on his 2015 wagon of doom project. (sold and got a tacoma).

but if you read back through his posts recently you can see his choice on hitch....and what he did to make the most of the subaru platform with the hitch and other mods. ...like loading a overssize spare on it.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,537 Posts
In North America, Subaru's published tongue weight limit for the Outback is only 200 pounds. YMMV.

·
Banned
2002 llbean subaru h6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking into Maybe getting a motorcycle hitch or something small like that, I it's just house to be able to be towed off road,

And be able to have a 25 gallon water tank as well as a 12 V fridge and the batterie

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,846 Posts
I am looking into Maybe getting a motorcycle hitch or something small like that, I it's just house to be able to be towed off road,

And be able to have a 25 gallon water tank as well as a 12 V fridge and the batterie

I guess that means, you are hauling the tank empty, putting it on the ground filling it with water and hanging the shower stall on a tree or on the hitch on a frame off the hitch.

do you got pics of something that has all these things in operation that you are trying to emulate?

_______

here is some discussion of picking and choosing a hitch, subaru corp likes 1.25",...but many people who drive subarus like attachments that are 2"

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...ch-mount-spare-tire-carrier-1-25-hitch-2.html

·
Banned
2002 llbean subaru h6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tank is full and on the roof I made it from the oregon coast to Casper Wyoming and back doing well over 90 with no trouble,
and if I have a single axle trailer it is not going to put the whole weight on the tong,

I just need to find a trailer that is light weight, and can go over bumps,and be towed through sand,

As well as fridge suggestions, Because that is the only 2 things I need to be outboard,
In fact the water tank fits on the roof splendidly and can be painted black to help with the Propane instant water heater
You see I like the great North
And so do the bears

I don't want them Climbing on the car
And I like being able to sleep in the car because I can just jump into the driver seat and get the **** out

Nomad74 Really not helping, It's bad enough I did not get any constructive comments that help me out, at least they are trying to understand my set up to try and help me , besides I can't give up the eyesight!
I'm fucking tired it's hot I want to go to the beech, but I got **** to sort out I'm not in the mood for time wasting, and I'm Russian not only am I in a rush I can not take the heat if it gets above 75 my shirt comes off, it's like 90 here I want to punch somone!!!

G

·
Nomad74 Really not helping, It's bad enough I did not get any constructive comments that help me out, at least they are trying to understand my set up to try and help me
You know what, I was trying to help you out. But, do whatever you want. It's your money and your safety... and on the plus side, you won't be driving anywhere near me... so go for it. :29:

G

·
The tank is full and on the roof I made it from the oregon coast to Casper Wyoming and back doing well over 90 with no trouble,
and if I have a single axle trailer it is not going to put the whole weight on the tong,

I just need to find a trailer that is light weight, and can go over bumps,and be towed through sand,

As well as fridge suggestions, Because that is the only 2 things I need to be outboard,
In fact the water tank fits on the roof splendidly and can be painted black to help with the Propane instant water heater
You see I like the great North
And so do the bears

I don't want them Climbing on the car
And I like being able to sleep in the car because I can just jump into the driver seat and get the **** out

Nomad74 Really not helping, It's bad enough I did not get any constructive comments that help me out, at least they are trying to understand my set up to try and help me , besides I can't give up the eyesight!
I'm fucking tired it's hot I want to go to the beech, but I got **** to sort out I'm not in the mood for time wasting, and I'm Russian not only am I in a rush I can not take the heat if it gets above 75 my shirt comes off, it's like 90 here I want to punch somone!!!
I've got to be honest... I kind of hope this all comes together for you. I'm really looking forward to reading about the p!ssed off shirtless guy who had a 200+ pound water tank on his roof, propane tank in the back while towing a single axle trailer doing 90+mph. Just try not to take any innocent bystanders with you when you earn that Darwin Award. :wink2:

·
Banned
2002 llbean subaru h6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No you weren't trying to help I asked specific questions and you give me off topick 180 type answers,
you were wasting my time, you are wasting my time,
I learned to drive in a Mazda miata on the streets of st bay area, and Laguna Seca,and I have an IQof150 that come with faster reflexes,
tho I'm Less patient specially when comes to idiots,
most troglodytes are seldom amazed by my talents
Side note you do know
Idaho has 80 mph speed limit,
And 90 is basically passing speed
Plus I have an Oval water tank so it acts as a stabilizer,
Besides the outback has a relatively low center of gravity anyway,
Cuz
I drove an Excursion,

That was loose starting, glass guzzling unmonuvarable p.o.s.
I in general hate SUV's and trucks
And especially crossovers that are tiny as all **** on the inside,

So now that I have given you an explanation as to why I have already put some thought into buying a 40 thousand dollars car and I know it's limitations,

Can you tell me of any lightweight trailers that can be pulled through the sand and over bumps.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,846 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,846 Posts
for someone with a 150 IQ you ask a whole lot of recommendations from 256 online members in the known universe of this little forum,....

you seem to ask, without searching. searching is immediate,...which is what you want..

...there is a whole internet out there of people taking cars off road with trailers,...chasing after jeeps, and land rovers, and FJs... please search ...

G

·
I have an IQof150 that come with faster reflexes...

I have already put some thought into buying a 40 thousand dollars car
You spent 40 grand on an Outback??? :21: You should ask whoever it was that administered your IQ test to refund your money. Just sayin'... :grin2:

·
Banned
2002 llbean subaru h6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am Search else where,
Also I got that this place was not for smart people when I got a message saying I broke the rules by swearing
I guess all of you can go preform Coitus on yourselves
I hope that a large man defecates into your oral orpheus
And technically it's within the rules because I did not use any Words that can trigger your sencetive little Amigula, Because even the spaghetti monster knows you have no Frontal lobe

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,846 Posts
I am kind of tempted to close this thread, ...but I believe in free speech.

Reactions: Yoda_One
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.