Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any decent off road courses in near the bay area. I'm not looking for anything to extreme. I just want to put the OB through it's paces.

Tony

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,779 Posts
In terms of trails described in books, looking at what Wells has to offer, this is about the only one. Check his website https://funtreks.com/off-road-trails/old-coast-road/

Otoh, when landing in OAK, one can see a big network of dirt roads. It is just that they are not in a particularly interesting area so you may have to "discover" them for yourself.

Generally, better for Subarus is the Massey series of books, including his California book (one for south and another for north). Unfortunately, the Cal books are so old for 4wd guides (like close to 20 yo) that they are only useful as a first step rather than an actual guide. Who knows how many of those trails have drastically changed and how many have been closed.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R Limited, Gray on Black
23 Posts
Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s much around here... I do wonder if Hollister or Carnegie has some easier trails that we could go on...

Out of area, there are forest roads near Arnold that I might attempt...all USFS land...

Reactions: picoler
1 - 3 of 3 Posts