Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5i PZEV MR, Keyless Access & Push-Button Start, Nav, Eyesight - Tungsten Metallic
1,313 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post, and I hate to start it off negative...but that does not look like the front end of a car that belongs in the 'outback'. It's certainly slick and sporty, though.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
921 Posts
They smoothed out the rocker panels. Yay! I always hated the bumpy rocker panels on the gen 4 models.

...and just because it's an Outback doesn't mean it has to be fugly.

·
Registered
1987 GL, 1995 Legacy Wagon, 2004 Outback, 2015 Outback
161 Posts
First post, and I hate to start it off negative...but that does not look like the front end of a car that belongs in the 'outback'. It's certainly slick and sporty, though.
Looks like they made gen 4 for you and gen 5 for me. I like what I see so far. I agree with rockthebeef, too.

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5i PZEV MR, Keyless Access & Push-Button Start, Nav, Eyesight - Tungsten Metallic
1,313 Posts
Looks like the Toyota Venza will have to change it's advertising strategy.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,970 Posts
They smoothed out the rocker panels. Yay! I always hated the bumpy rocker panels on the gen 4 models.

I'm not sure they are smoothed out, the spy photos showed the dimpled look although the top portion is smaller than the current one. It looks more Audi Alltrac than Gen 4 although it still looks Gen4 ish. I still say Gen 4 will go down as one of the best

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
921 Posts
It's funny that the Gen 4 was/is a major home run for Subaru. It's pretty much an ugly duckling sandwiched between the sporty Gen 3 and upscale-looking Gen 5. In all fairness I really appreciate my car when seen from the full side-view at a distance (like when somebody else is driving it and you're watching them). The worst part about the Gen 4 - those enormous headlights!

·
Registered
16 Posts
from what I see it's looking VERY good... love the new styling! Hopefully the interior will impress as well and let's hope there is the turbo from the Forester instead of the V6.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
from what I see it's looking VERY good... love the new styling! Hopefully the interior will impress as well and let's hope there is the turbo from the Forester instead of the V6.
I for one hope we never see a V6 in any Subaru vehicle!

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,973 Posts
I see the headlights aren't the monstrosities they were. Looks like the bumper molding rises to accommodate the big fogs too. Grille has a bit of Gen. 3 look to it. Now, if only they'd lay off the chrome...

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight
242 Posts
Is that an always-on border of LED lighting, or is it just the image? I see the same thing in 2015 legacy pictures, but it doesn't appear to be glowing like it is here.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon
311 Posts
The grille looks like a bigger version of the 05-07 grille. Looks okay from the picture I wouldn't run to buy it just from that though. The hood line looks interesting on it too

·
Registered
1987 GL, 1995 Legacy Wagon, 2004 Outback, 2015 Outback
161 Posts
The grille looks like a bigger version of the 05-07 grille. Looks okay from the picture I wouldn't run to buy it just from that though. The hood line looks interesting on it too
Well, that all should be no different than what is on the legacy (already revealed).

So far it seems like japmaxe's photoshop is pretty much right on.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT, 2015 3.6R Ltd (sold)
951 Posts
+1

I was told a few months ago by a friend at Subaru to expect styling reminiscent of the 05-07 Outback. I'm not holding my breath or expecting a Beautiful Subaru, since that term is an Oxymoron in my experience. But this photo is encouraging. The grill in particular really does look a bit like the 05-07 car.

I say bring on some smooth, Audi-esque lines and get rid of the scallops, OTT wheel arches and other faux SUV styling cues. It would be a great way to get back all those people that loved the 05-07 model's styling direction, and who were bummed when it all went off the rails with the 2010 car.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Rear hatch windows on that Photoshop are too small...still looks like a CUV. As soon as you extend them out like they used to be, it'd look like a wagon again.

It's probably pretty accurate...that's just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts