Subaru Outback Forums banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
648 Posts
anyone else notice on the 2nd post picture, on rocker panel is from the 10-12 name plate design...some thing tells that could be a fake for the add, so it might not be on there anymore...

also so they need to rake the hood angle a bit more i think, something isn't right to me when looking at the shape. how the front doesn't quite line up with the angle with the windshield or the front end is too long,something is going on,then again this is with heavy black mask or it could be the 4th gen and they are testing out the power train lol but either way if it has the fog/turn signal thing going on, like on the grovel (the levorg backwards) i might not like it only because of that...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not bad actually, we'll find out in 4 days.
Two things that do not seat well with me are those fricking door mounted mirrors, what's up with this trend. Imagine someone swipes you, takes out your mirror and leaves a gapping hole in the door. More importantly, which tranny the H6 will carry? I'm not sold yet on those CVTs. Make the conventional tranny an option.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5i, 2011 WRX Limited
84 Posts
Not bad actually, we'll find out in 4 days.
Two things that do not seat well with me are those fricking door mounted mirrors, what's up with this trend. Imagine someone swipes you, takes out your mirror and leaves a gapping hole in the door. More importantly, which tranny the H6 will carry? I'm not sold yet on those CVTs. Make the conventional tranny an option.
If I had to guess, it would be that the mirror placement reduces a big blind spot. Regardless, if someone sideswipes you, you're going to have more problems than a broken mirror and door. That's going to happen no matter the design, IMHO. ;)

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i; 2015 Trek Remedy 9.8 29
40 Posts
Two things that do not seat well with me are those fricking door mounted mirrors, what's up with this trend. Imagine someone swipes you, takes out your mirror and leaves a gapping hole in the door.
Cuts down on wind noise next to the window too.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
From what I understand, the mirror placement helps with aerodynamics more than anything. That in turn helps with wind noise and a bonus is it opens up the blind spot. Personally I don't like em aesthetically, but I'll take em if it adds a couple MPG and makes the car quieter.

As far as CVTs go, you might as well accept them. They are the future and a superb AT in terms of performance and efficiency. Durability is still to be seen, but Subaru doesn't tend to introduce new technology until it's been out for a while and been tested, for better or for worse. Aside from a couple one off early failures (which happens to any transmission), I don't see any trend of premature life with the CVT. Most of the ranting and raving is in their behavior, which Subaru has refined and tweaked very well, I suspect the next iteration will be even better.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,973 Posts
Two things that do not seat well with me are those fricking door mounted mirrors, what's up with this trend. Imagine someone swipes you, takes out your mirror and leaves a gapping hole in the door.
Uh, when has the Outback not had the mirror mounted on the door? So its a little farther down and back, but not really that much. What really changed is the A pillar is moved forward, which tends to move the cowl forward, which tends to make engine bay access worse.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,019 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice pics! Those look real. If they are, seems this is a refinement of the previous gen, just what I was hoping for. I'm not a huge fan of the rims though.

·
Registered
2014 Outback, Satin White Pearl, 2.5i CVT + Alloy Wheel Pkg
128 Posts
It does look nice. But not nice enough to make my 2014 jealous :D

Now on to the rest of the info. Should be interesting.

I would have been disappointed if it was a regression. I didn't want a revolution either, but a regression would have been bad as I would like to buy another someday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks nice, cleaner and leaner, but at the same time less distinctive, the 3/4 shot from the A pillar back I thought I was looking at an RX, which gives it some class I guess.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,970 Posts
If I sqint I see Gen 3 in the profile. Like I said before the Legacy on stilts theme continues.....

101 - 120 of 125 Posts