Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback
29 Posts
OK, I've read through this, followed instructions and still cannot (for the life of me) figure out how to post a picture from my computer. I am well versed in image files, since I do digital microscopy as a marine biologist...and I am versed in using a computer. But, when I try to add an image all I get is an option for adding a link from a hosting site.

Am I missing something, or is that the only option? Could it be a browser issue? I run IE 10 but could try something else.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
12,278 Posts
OK, I've read through this, followed instructions and still cannot (for the life of me) figure out how to post a picture from my computer. I am well versed in image files, since I do digital microscopy as a marine biologist...and I am versed in using a computer. But, when I try to add an image all I get is an option for adding a link from a hosting site.

Am I missing something, or is that the only option? Could it be a browser issue? I run IE 10 but could try something else.
Here ya go. Just remember, the file from your computer CAN NOT be larger than 1MB.

After you have all the files you want to attach listed, click the upload button. After it uploads, the files are listed in the lower part of the pop up window. Then you can close that window then click to post.

As for getting the attachment into the post in a larger format, that's next semester's class and will be $500 for the 3 minutes. I have PP :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Outback
29 Posts
Oh ****! Thanks cardoc! I was just using the quick reply....I guess that is why I could not find the attach file option.

OK, going to try it out now. Thanks for the help. Every forum is different. And for the record, I did read through this Q&A thread.....I just didn't catch on to the "Post Reply" button. More egg on my face. It will blend with my battery face egg I guess.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
45 Posts
When I post to the gallery with a 125KB file I get the error:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum; loving my Subie. I have a few tire questions. Living in Alaska- new to the "ice on snow" roads; doing 70 miles a gay on the infamous Glenn-Hwy. I'm using Hankook i-pike winters (225/60/18) and doing ok; always looking for something better... Aren't we all? Considering Hakapeliitaa 8's... Think I could do a 245/50/18? I'm thinking this size will be ok (2015 Outback 3.6) as the overall ratio doesn't change dramatically.... I'm no tire expert and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn ???

Attachments

·
Registered
'04 Outback, 2.5 H4, 4SPD Auto, Cold Wx PAckage, 01 Dakota QC 4WD, 14 Equinox LT
159 Posts
Purchased mainly to carry surfboards.
Gotta love a car that you can lock a 9-2 in. Despite having cameras and other swell prediction tools, I still like to take my 9-2, 8-0 and 6-8 with me, you know, just in case the swell shifts.:grin2:

OutbackILM, the other coast.

·
Registered
Legacy Wagon 2.0R AT MY07 Bi-Fuel, Outback 2.5i CVT MY11 Bi-Fuel
12 Posts
New to the forum; loving my Subie. I have a few tire questions. Living in Alaska- new to the "ice on snow" roads; doing 70 miles a gay on the infamous Glenn-Hwy. I'm using Hankook i-pike winters (225/60/18) and doing ok; always looking for something better... Aren't we all? Considering Hakapeliitaa 8's... Think I could do a 245/50/18? I'm thinking this size will be ok (2015 Outback 3.6) as the overall ratio doesn't change dramatically.... I'm no tire expert and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn ???
Even newer to the forum :smile2:
Are these Hankooks studded? If yes, it's one of the best for ice and snow. If no, you might try Hakkapeliitta or Blizzak, but there won't be a significant improvement. I've got Hankook ipike without studs on Legacy and Blizzak on Outback. No difference on mud and snow, but on wet ice Blizzaks seem to be sticking better.
Regarding the size, no clue, never tried anything but stock 17".

·
Premium Member
2017 Outback 2.5 Premium with Moonroof, Eyesight
21 Posts
My first subaru. Love this car.
Live in SoCal.
Purchased mainly to carry surfboards.

2014 white LTD.
White leather interior
Very cool. I am grabbing an Outback this week. Are you adding third-party racks or using the standard rack? I need to carry a standup paddleboard and am curious.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts