Subaru Outback Forums banner

Official Snow Shots

225K views 556 replies 256 participants last post by  Ralph Thornton 
#1 ·
It's that time of year, and since I haven't seen a post that is dedicated to everyone's snow pics I figured I would start one. Now since the east coast just got blasted, I hope we see some nice shots. Here is a quick shot of my baby as I pulled her out of the garage on the way to school. Also showing off her new winter shoes, brand new General Altimax Arctics on 16" steelies.

See less See more
#4 ·
Willjones said:
It's that time of year, and since I haven't seen a post that is dedicated to everyone's snow pics I figured I would start one. Now since the east coast just got blasted, I hope we see some nice shots. Here is a quick shot of my baby as I pulled her out of the garage on the way to school. Also showing off her new winter shoes, brand new General Altimax Arctics on 16" steelies.
Nice! I got the Altimax Arctics too. Wish I had some snow!! As soon as we get some decent snow, I'll be sure to take some pics and post them here. :)

#6 ·
Willjones said:

Heh, I live near cortland and work in east syracuse- subaru with good snows and maybe, just maybe, you have to slow to the speed limit during a big storm.

Dave

#330 ·
I live in the Berkshires and it's the same deal. I always get a little frustrated when I'm following someone home who is going 10 under the limit, then I realize they're not driving a Subaru with snow tires :D.

I tried driving through a field at the bottom of Greylock the other day. I often park in the field in the summer when I hike the mountain. Couldn't tell how much snow there was, though, and it was struggling to dig through it in places so I didn't chance it. Would have been fine until it hit the limitations of the ground clearance, and I wasn't sure if it would have or not.

I'll have to take some more snow shots soon.

#8 ·
Copied from another thread, but..

We ended with just over 20 inches of the white stuff, these pictures were taken when we were around 14". Can you find the Outback?

#15 ·
Originally posted by eavanesian - from Post pics of YOUR 2010 Outback forum
Snowpocalypse '09 - what I came out to in the morning

After 40 min of digging out

Just a couple of tries to punch my way out of the snow bank to the side of the street that the plow pilled up, but the OB made little work of that and we were good to go! Gotta love it!

#19 ·
Willjones said:
How do you like those tires?

Andre

#20 ·
Re: Re: Copied from another thread, but..

DonD said:
You own a BMW X5 also?
Yup, its my wife's ride.

#24 ·
Re: Re: Official Snow Shots

8kGoodENuff said:

How do you like those tires?

Andre
I will never go without them again! They are amazing in all conditions. I just drove up to the mountains to go snowboaring yesterday and went through deep snow, compact/icey snow, and slushy highway snow at 70mph, and they were fantastic. Not even bring the price into it, they are just as good as my blizzaks on my other car and only 2/3 the price. I recommend these to everyone that asks, and yes I will be buying them again when these ever wear out. A shot to prove the conditions from last nights run.

#25 ·
I concurr. I have the same set up with General Altimax Arctics and 16'' steels. The tires are amazing!!! 6 inches was like dry pavement. Pure ice is still slippery, but nothing to worry about. They're a little noisy, but not bad - nothing I can't deal with. Can't hear it with the music on! And like he said, for the price, I don't think you can beat them!!

I too used to love Blizzak. These are just as good, if not better. Blizzaks handled ice a tiny bit better, but it's not worth the price jump. When these ones wear out, they will be at the top of my list for sure.

Nice snow pics!!! I'm so jealous!!! I've got one but there's hardly any snow on the ground. You will all laugh at me. lol. Maybe I'll post it in the gallery. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.