Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody added offroad lights to their new outback? Just wondering how they would look and if they could be mounted somehow to the roof rack without blocking it so it could still be used. I'm assuming it would be much easier to mount them on the front of the car.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
i've looked into this for my 02 OBS and the mounting is the least of the hassles. getting power to em without drilling holes is thereal challenge. and i'm pretty sure they'd eat a mpg or 2. i've been pretty happy with mounting em in the grille area. problem with bumper or underbumper mounting, aside from drag, is that bmper is backed with a hollow square beam that you can't get to back side of to install nuts. you'll find several thread on this but nothing specific to new OB.

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
try an offroad bumper

I just got an offroad bumper with lots of lighting options. Mudrat79 makes them for outbacks. I've got one on my '03 OBW , I'm mounting a pair of PIAA 520s and later a couple of smaller lights within the bumper itself.
Besides the factory stuff is kinda lame for options unless your really good at fiberglass work. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Scooby
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing