Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
Discussion Starter #1
Just posted some pics from my first offroad drive with the Outback last Friday, it handled everything great, only stress was risk of damage from tree branches all over the trail in some places Here is my gallery

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
Very cool :D

Beautiful land! You should go out after it rains and do some offroading, Subies look great with a lil'mud on them ;) I can tell you first hand if anyone can, go read my heroic tale in the Driving Misadventures thread :21:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I had enough trouble washing the dust off, not sure I want to have to do that after a serious mudding adventure!

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
Very pretty pics! Few things are more inviting than a forest road.

Well, maybe an open beach...

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
The_Lizard said:
Very pretty pics! Few things are more inviting than a forest road.

Well, maybe an open beach...
Mmmm there's some nice Islands near here that you can combine forest trails and beach, must give that a try soon. :D

Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
Very nice! Those are exactly the kinds of trails I'm looking to find in my area.
I'm jealous of the car and the environment.

Unfortunately, at the rate our president is going, we won't have many forests left to romp through...sorry Hero, I couldn't resist!

Where are all the kangaroo's and croc's?! :behead: :twak:

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
FMGreen said:

Unfortunately, at the rate our president is going, we won't have many forests left to romp through...sorry Hero, I couldn't resist!

Where are all the kangaroo's and croc's?! :behead: :twak:
reminds me of an old episode of The Simpsons I saw only last night, Nuclear plant owner is secretly running the country and decides to get rid of the environment, totally.. pretty soon nobody can walk outside if it rains as it hurts too much. LOL

We did actually see a few kangaroo's but didn't have the camera out at the time. As for croc's, well never heard of mountain croc's LOL :D

Tokyo's between my toes
Jondalar said:

As for croc's, well never heard of mountain croc's LOL :D

Of course there's no such thing here in the States. But we do have arboreal alligators, which although not as large as crocs, can still be quite a problem. This is why I would never drive a convertible or a car with a sunroof. :eek:

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
The_Lizard said:

Of course there's no such thing here in the States. But we do have arboreal alligators, which although not as large as crocs, can still be quite a problem. This is why I would never drive a convertible or a car with a sunroof. :eek:
arboreal alligators?? are you being serious?? somehow I think not.. :p

Tokyo's between my toes
Well, let's just see if I was telling the truth...

Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Jondalar that looks like a very good track to take an Outback for its first outing. I've also been looking at a number of places to go both on the North and South coast. I suppose it's a matter of making a list and doing them one by one. I am currently looking at going down to Springbrook/O'Rielly's to start with. Where was your trek ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Chrisx,

It was Mt Mee State Forest, you need a permit which is obtainable from National Parks & Wildlife service, for free. With the same permit you can visit other State Forests and Forestry Reserves restricted to 4WD vehicles. More info available National Parks around Brisbane

Cheers,

Karl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts