Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching through the threads, as well as many online tire retailers. I'm coming up short. I have a '98 OB Limited, with 16"ers on it. I'm looking to add some offroad tires, like the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO, but I'm not sure what size will work for me. Anyone else running these tires on an OB? Any input?

·
Registered
169 Posts
anyone have a link to these Nokian WR's... i've seen a few people mention them here

thanks

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
offroad tire fit

I've been trying to do the same with no results since the 16" tires are just too big in tire diameter too fit! My '03 OBW doesn't allow me to put 15" wheels on (won't clear calipers) so I'm kinda screwed. If your OB is older generation with 15" rims you'll be able to find a 215/75R15 that will fit. I recommend a lift for clearance you'll need it.

The smallest 16" tire diameter I could find was 29" ! the stock tires are only 26" diameter that's a huge difference!! There's just no way you can stuff that tire in a small wheel well without extensive modifications!!!check out Tirerack.com to get specs. this will help compare tire sizes. Good luck and let me know if you come up with something.:(

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
forget tracks

I remember those mattracks back in the 80's. Great If you've got a v-8 to power those tracks ....... it's a another power draining load for the engine. Unless you've got a 400hp turbocharged ej25 2.5L . Besides those tracks aren't street legal either. bet your mileage will be about nill......I mean you might as well just buy a snowcat!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
so i could easily fit 215/75-15 without a lift? i was planning on getting the scorpion lift springs with gives it 2". that means i can get BFgoodrichs all terrains?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
EHoutback
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing