Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mostly stock 2012 6MT.
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to the Colorado Springs area. Anybody interested in doing a 1 day adventure? Not looking to destroy my stock Outback. Just some dirt roads/easy jeep trails.

·
Registered
'13 Premium CVT, AWP, 1b
9 Posts
I live up in Fort Collins so a bit of a stretch for me to do a trip down to the springs. Plenty of beautiful easy trails to do all over the state though, check out TrailDamage.com - All Trails for ideas on where to go. That site rates trails on a scale of 1-10 and an outback should handle any 1 or 2 rated trail easily, maybe a 3 if you don't mind testing out your skid plates.
Keep in mind many of that higher elevation trails, like the mountain pass roads which are the most scenic IMO, are likely closed right now until the snow melts

·
Registered
Mostly stock 2012 6MT.
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decided to go for a little drive on Old Stage Road, right outside Colorado Springs. It's beautiful up there.

Before the snow storm:

·
Registered
2010 Outback Premium 2.5
68 Posts
I'd be interested

We live in the Denver area and are looking forward to getting up into the backroads this year. We've been using "Colorado Backroads & 4 Wheel Drive Trails" for ideas. They've got good maps and pictures of the trails.

We've only done a few green trails so far, but like you don't have an interest in thrashing the stock Outback.

PM me if you've got a trip in mind and I'll see if we can connect.

·
Registered
2010 Outback Premium 2.5
68 Posts
Heading to Shubarth Trail tomorrow. If you're interested, let me know. We could meet at the McDonalds in Woodland Park.

One of the reasons for the trip down by the Springs.... Dutch Bros.

Anyway, shoot me a PM if you're up for the trip.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited SAP
76 Posts
Going to be out in Colorado for a week or so this summer and looking to get my stock Outback onto a trail or two. I've been reading about the road to Peak 10 on Breckenridge. Trail looks mostly doable except for some parts at the very top.

Anyone ever been up there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts