Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback LL Bean 3.0
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a good one for ya. I also have OEM remans from the dealer. No green whatsoever. I put them in probably 10 k miles ago. Recently the vibes got really bad. I wasn't suspecting axles because I just replaced them. However, I got under the car and the driver side front axle was (although it was engaged in the splines) not seated against the differential. It was actually about 3/4 to 1 inch out of the diff!! WTF! so I pulled it all apart to try to re-seat the axle and I could do no better than the way I had found it. I removed the clip and it still wouldn't go. As two heads are usually better than one I called a friend to come have a go at it. He noticed the splines on either side of the channel where the snap ring seats were off set. While I agree that the only way this could happen is if the shaft twisted. But I Have a a hard time believe it could happen without causing more damage. Is it possible that the clip became disengaged from the detent allowing the shaft to creep out? Or was it improperly installed?

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
As far as I know, that style just pushes in with the clip. The only style I know of that is truly offset is the axle that uses the roll pin. That axle only lines up one way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts