Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 2.5 premium Acura MDX BMw 325i
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just change the oil on my wife’s Outback @45125 miles every time I change it I cant believe how easy it is to do and without spilling a single drop of oil. Compare to my Honda Ridgeline which is a pain even to add oil in it
PS just found out I have a recall on the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup. I love how the oil changes are easy on this car. I had a gen1 and the oil changes were easy on that too. Even with the filter underneath, I could still do an oil change and remove the filter without lifting up the car.

·
Registered
2015 2.5 premium Acura MDX BMw 325i
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup. I love how the oil changes are easy on this car. I had a gen1 and the oil changes were easy on that too. Even with the filter underneath, I could still do an oil change and remove the filter without lifting up the car.
Yes you can change the oil without lifting the OB
I use the ramps to inspect the undercarriage.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
218 Posts
Looking forward to second oil change with the Fumoto drain valve on after first. Easy/clean drains and no worries about damaged oil pan threads(was a real concern with the Honda Insight's magnesium alloy pan which used to list for over $300).

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback
406 Posts
One of the possible vehicles to replace the OB is a Colorado Durmax Z71. I'm curious to see how they change the body style after nearly 10 years
Just minor changes this year. I'd wait if you can for the next generation, but for me that would be mainly for a bit more safety tech. The Colorado is way behind the Outback, and the Colorado could really used blind spot detection since the mirrors suck. Other than that it's a really nice truck.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's what I meant, a completely new design. In my personal opinion the interior could also use an update. But I really like the heartbeat, tork and hwy mpg for a small 4x4 pickup. It's definitely on my early short list.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, No Eyesight, No Navigation
2,733 Posts
Colorado Durmax Z71... Please describe how this car replaces the Outback for you guys. No judgment, I am genuinely curious, because I do not know much about that car.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback
406 Posts
Colorado Durmax Z71... Please describe how this car replaces the Outback for you guys. No judgment, I am genuinely curious, because I do not know much about that car.
It wasn't a replacement for me, I own both (the Colorado replaced my Legacy). The Colorado Duramax was bought to tow a trailer.

If you didn't have the need to carry adult passengers though it could replace an Outback. It's basically a four door, AWD/4WD vehicle where with a T-cover over the bed has a large trunk. It's main downside is lack of safety tech. The upside is better fuel mileage, particularly on the Interstate.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I want a truck, point blank. I also drive a lot of miles for work so most trucks are not practical for me Monday through Friday. I started researching the best mpg pickups and the F150 is high on the list but it's expensive before.you start adding creature comforts. The baby Duramax offers great hwy mpg along with excellent torque for towing. For me it seems like a great balance in weekend small project work truck and daily commuter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts