Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at relocating the oil filter on my 2011 Outback 2.5 using this kit: Hayden Automotive 291 Remote Mount Filter Kit

Did anyone do it before? any feedback? pictures?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,557 Posts
@traildogck has worked with such things in the past. (...with a Ej25 turbo).

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,174 Posts
@traildogck has worked with such things in the past. (...with a Ej25 turbo).
traildogck has used this exact kit on FrankenWagon.

The turbo has very high oil pressures they can exceed 100psi and are very often 85psi and higher. the only issues I have had is with clamps and hose quality. I would actually suggest you get proper hydraulic lines built. 100 plus psi "rubber auto parts store hose" doesn't really exist.

Just make sure you are running the proper tuning and you will be just fine. The gasket seal on the kit is a bit finicky. Basically don't over torque it, or the gasket will try and squirm out. Like an oil filter, it doesn't need to be a permanent connection.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,797 Posts
I can’t see the logic in moving the oil filter...yes for those of us with the filter under the engine it’s a bit of a PIA to get at but moving it puts oil lines in there that can also cause bigger problem. The guy in the video put them in the wheel well which is a spot that takes all kind of road crap going through there...:surprise:

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,174 Posts
would you still recommend using high pressure lines on a non turbo?
I would.

You can buy 300psi tubing and still use band clamps. Fittings are just one less thing to worry about.

It's a hard cost to swallow for hydraulic lines, but worth it to be carefree.

·
Registered
07 outback 2.5 auto
6 Posts
is there a specific kit you recomend i have an 07 ob 2.5 and i drive alot so i change oil alot ( which is why i am looking into a relocation for ease of access) im looking at the summit, the Hayden, and the trans dapt brand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts