Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5L U5 Limited+M/R+ES+NAVI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just assumed maintenance of our 2019 Outback and did my first oil and filter change on this vehicle yesterday using Castrol EDGE HIGH Mileage full synthetic 0W-20 oil. I was surprised that the new Castrol CAS7317 filter I used was significantly larger than the old Valvoline V0-106 filter, that I believe was installed by some quick-change artist like Jiffy Lube. (Please see photo.) I have not observed such assize difference previously working on a small number of other vehicles. Does this mean the Valvoline filter could not have been "correct" for this vehicle? All I really know is it did not leak.

Thanks.
Tin Automotive tire Aluminum can Tin can Beverage can

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5L U5 Limited+M/R+ES+NAVI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. I did enter vehicle info (2019 Outback 2.5L U5 Limited+M/R+ES+NAVI) in my profile before posting this question but when I didn't find it when I returned to the site. Obviously, I did something wrong. I think it's there now as I see it under my name in the left column.

I've done some work on Volvos over the years, including oil changes. Currently trying to reinstall a steering rack after replacing the leaking hydraulic lines. I will post something in the Newbie forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts