Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Silver 06 2.5i
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my 90 k service and while replacing the plugs and wires noticed oil on my pass side plugs.
Not alot of oil but enough to drip down the valve cover when I pulled the boot out.
2 questions
1st question is can I wait untill the 105k service and have them done then or have them done when I take the car in to do tranny flush for the 90k service .
I would do them myself but when the dealer replaced the head gasket one of the valve cover bolts broke and cracked the cover on the drivers side which were both replaced .
Im afraid that the same will happen to me .
2nd question
Instead of having the coolant changed for the 90k can I wait untill the 105k service .

Thanks for you feed back .

Mike K

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
1: Yes, unless it starts to misfire.

2: Did your car come with the regular green or long life blue coolant? You likely can wait either way, although having the coolant tested may be a good idea.

·
Registered
Silver 06 2.5i
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has the green but changed at 60 k service.
Coolant is clear and over flow bottle is free of any scum or deposits.

Thanks AWDFTW

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
I would change the coolant. It's pretty easy and good maintenance. Subaru has enough problems with head gaskets. One more reason to change the coolant on time.

Tom

·
Registered
Silver 06 2.5i
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the dealer change the coolant and the tranny fluid every 30 k miles.
I know its easy but good piece of mind on my part.
I have a good relationship with the dealer so Ill ask him when I take it in to have the tranny serviced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts