Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the oil pump question has been asked many times on this forum.
I've read a lot of them.
In fact, this is my first post here simply because I can always find answers to my questions in old posts. So, I haven't had to ask a question yet.

HOWEVER,
My situation is that I own a 2010 Subaru Outback (BASE) and I ordered oil pump 15010AA360 (11mm) because I was lazy and the Amazon seller said it was the correct part.
Now I see that 15010AA320 (10mm) is actually the standard part for this engine.

Every thread I find on this issue is in regards to high performance builds, but in this case it's just my wife's work car.
If I'm understanding this correctly, the two parts are interchangeable but the 11mm has higher volume but lower pressure?

My concern is whether this is going to cause any noticeable issues on a daily driver, such as the oil light to frequently come on?
I'm doing a timing belt and water pump @ 215k miles. Would it be better to just leave the original oil pump in than it would be to install this?
We haven't had any issues with oil pressure or leaking, I just thought I would do it as long as it was accessible.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,329 Posts
it IS an OEM part right?

My gut feeling is, you're gonna be OK. maybe a little more oil gets dumped thru the bypass valve. Actually, could be a good move at higher mileag as the mains might be opening-up a little. Could lead to a little longer engine life.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,433 Posts
I would advise against the 11mm unit. The extra volume can cause issue with bearing wash-out in stock-spec'd engines.

Changing the pump is more hassle than it's worth (RTV, cleanliness of the sealing surfaces, getting the oring to stay put, etc). IF you want to check/inspect, the backing plate screws have had issues with backing themselves out over time, but it's a rare occurrence, especially since you have so many miles already.

I'd leave it be and motor on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts