Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'96 Legacy Outback Wagon 2.2
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Took my oil pump ff and tightend the screws that had backed ff. My question is ..can I prime the pump by filling it with engine assambly lube, reinstall it and start the car up? Thanks...Im getting close I hope.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,390 Posts
it's not really necessary, just install it and go. but you can if you think this thing sat so long or is compromised in some way from the disassembly, nominally you just tighten screws, reinstall and never think about it again.

assembly lube is so thick it shouldn't matter but don't have so much lubricant that it runs, drips and compromises the sealing surfaces during reassembly.

you can install everything, disconnect the fuel pump fuse/relay and crank the engine to prime the entire oil supply lines before starting the engine.

·
Premium Member
2008 Subaru Tribeca
906 Posts
Did you have symptoms from the oil pump screws backing out?

·
Registered
'17 OB 3.6 , '11 OB 2.5 , '11 Legacy 2.5
306 Posts
you can install everything, disconnect the fuel pump fuse/relay and crank the engine to prime the entire oil supply lines before starting the engine.
I heard you were supposed to ALSO unplug the electrical connectors on each coil pack to all of your plugs, in addition to removing the fuse/relay to the pump. Is that true?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts