Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all moderators who think this might be a "frivilous" thread, remain calm. I would like a thread for folks who are happy with their cars. After 3 months with mine, it has zero flaws, is almost silent at the speeds I drive it, gets 27+ MPG city with the original "goopy" manufacturer's oil (to help everything seal) and is really sporty to drive with very tight steering and suspension that makes cornering fun.

After 3 months, I "get" things like the powerful headlights/foglights, I get the handling, I "get" the comfort of the seats, I "get" the HK system's powerful sound, I "get" the overall mileage / utilitity of the vehicle. And I appreciate the details I keep finding about this car that don't appear in Toyota or Honda products I own.

In short, I am sick and more than darn tired of seeing threads about problems. Instead, I'm interested in love stories here. And "No", I don't work for anyone even remotely related to Subaru.

What is the latest thing that you like about your 'baru?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Amen!! I laugh at some of things that people complain about. Try driving an 10 year old truck with no heater or A/C, in Tennessee, for four years. Then you have something to complain about.

·
Registered
152 Posts
To all moderators who think this might be a "frivilous" thread, remain calm. I would like a thread for folks who are happy with their cars. After 3 months with mine, it has zero flaws, is almost silent at the speeds I drive it, gets 27+ MPG city with the original "goopy" manufacturer's oil (to help everything seal) and is really sporty to drive with very tight steering and suspension that makes cornering fun.

After 3 months, I "get" things like the powerful headlights/foglights, I get the handling, I "get" the comfort of the seats, I "get" the HK system's powerful sound, I "get" the overall mileage / utilitity of the vehicle. And I appreciate the details I keep finding about this car that don't appear in Toyota or Honda products I own.

In short, I am sick and more than darn tired of seeing threads about problems. Instead, I'm interested in love stories here. And "No", I don't work for anyone even remotely related to Subaru.

What is the latest thing that you like about your 'baru?
Don't you realize that you aren't supposed to say anything good about your vehicle on a forum?

·
Super Moderator
12,109 Posts
You like your vehicle?!

I am appalled and disturbed. :)

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Sure most of us come to this forum with the intention of solving problems, like the kid who only calls the folks when they need money. But the kid still loves us and we still love our Subarus.

I never bought a Subaru. I inherited mine from someone who didn't take car of it. So, I had a lot to look for here and got a lot of help. But the reason I started looking here in the first place was, even before I put the time and money into my 12 year old beat-up rode hard and put away wet Subaru Outback, was when I first drove the car I fell in love. Just like the ad says, "Love, it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru." Now every time I fix another problem and get the car safer, more reliable, better looking and more fun to drive I can see why folks buy these cars over and over again. I've got two other cars that are newer and have more amenities than my base model OBW, but I still find myself wanting to drive the Subaru more than the other two.

Thanks for a great thread!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Couldn't agree more - I've only had mine for a week and I love it! I keep finding an excuse to take her out.

Keep this thread positive!

Tomorrow I'm going to give her a wash, make her shiny clean and take some pictures which I haven't had time to do yet :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
2 years and 32,000 miles later I still really like ours. (Except those darn tires, and that problem was solved). Only a 2011, but still a great car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It took a giant leap of faith to get me to break my 20+ year relationship with Toyota, but couldn't be happier with my 2011 OB. It's big enough for all my outdoor activity needs (camping, snowboarding and MTB primarily) yet economical enough to drive 300+ mi/wk for work.

I highly recommend putting it to the test in some good nasty snow conditions this winter - simply amazing!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to bring the negative vibe into this thread, and tell you something I absolutely hate about our OB:
It's my wife's and when she drives it I have to take the truck.:(

·
Registered
50 Posts
I owned a 1st gen '97 OB for several years and it performed flawlessly - hunted all over PA state forests and big winters. Just got back into a '12 OB and though its only been 15K miles, I know this is gonna be another great car from Subaru.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have 12,000+ miles on my '12 OB 2.5 CVT. I have driven it from the SF Bay Area to LA and back a couple of times, up to Tahoe and back a couple of times, towed my Teardrop trailer to Yosemite for camping, and it has performed flawlessly every time. It has never seen the dealer after the day I bought it. I have never felt safer or more confident while driving - especially this last week when the Bay Area was (and still is as I write this) experiencing torrential rains. Needless to say, chalk me up as a very happy Subaru owner! :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
New Sub Forum: Candy Ass Quarterly

I agree with the OP. Some of the posts are to say the least petty.
Thus my suggest for those that have issues: Candy Ass Quarterly where you can post the most inane, lame, trival bitch possible.

I have only one issue with my OB which I am correcting regarding the alignment set up. I am actually planning to see my beloved BMW M3 this spring or summer and order another OB 14 model as close to what I have as possible. It is without a doubt to include my BMWs the best car I have yet owned...

·
Registered
814 Posts
It took a giant leap of faith to get me to break my 20+ year relationship with Toyota, but couldn't be happier with my 2011 OB. It's big enough for all my outdoor activity needs (camping, snowboarding and MTB primarily) yet economical enough to drive 300+ mi/wk for work.

I highly recommend putting it to the test in some good nasty snow conditions this winter - simply amazing!
You know the leaf didn't fall too far from the tree right? You technically still are driving a Toyota :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I love my 2004, too. I've put about 23k on it since I bought it a little over a year ago and I hope to keep it to at least 200k.

There are things that annoy me about it--mostly squeaks and rattles that come and go, but despite how hard I am on it and the fact that it has 130k and is 9 years old I still get compliments about how nice it is from anyone who rides in it or drives it. When I eventually do replace it, I'm sure it will be with another Outback.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sereen,

My wife has had a Subaru Tribeca for 3 years now......we traded her 2008 for a new 2012 then 3 weeks later I traded my 2007 Suburban LT for my 2013 Outback 3.6R...had it for 6 weeks now and no regrets.
So that makes two in the family....
Then two weeks after I got my OB, my father in law was driving his Toyota Tacoma truck and was rear ended by a jeep wrangler 4 door. Which totalled his truck....so what does he do, he went out and bought a 2013 Forester 2.5. So that's 3 in the family.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sereen,

My wife has had a Subaru Tribeca for 3 years now......we traded her 2008 for a new 2012 then 3 weeks later I traded my 2007 Suburban LT for my 2013 Outback 3.6R...had it for 6 weeks now and no regrets.
So that makes two in the family....
Then two weeks after I got my OB, my father in law was driving his Toyota Tacoma truck and was rear ended by a jeep wrangler 4 door. Which totalled his truck....so what does he do, he went out and bought a 2013 Forester 2.5. So that's 3 in the family.
I bought my first Subaru in 2007, an STI.

About a year and a half later I traded it for an 08' STI.

The wife liked them so much that we leased her a 2009 Impreza 2.5i.

Traded the 08' STI for a 2011 Outback (the current ride) last year.

Then bought the wife's car at the end of the lease this year.

We like the Subarus...
Her dad just test drove a Corolla (had Toyotas for 25 years) and an Impreza 2 weeks ago... then bought a Legacy last week after driving the other 2. He wanted a bigger sedan, but really liked the Subaru. We're dragging other people in now, too...

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
About this Discussion
87 Replies
65 Participants
Darkblash
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing