Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,236 Posts
TFL? these guys do nothing but put down Subaru and they cry on YT saying Subaru never sends them a car for review...

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TFL? these guys do nothing but put down Subaru and they cry on YT saying Subaru never sends them a car for review...
I think they're not as anti-Subaru as they were before. I thought the video was good for showing the older one more than the newer one.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,661 Posts
I was rooting for the 1978 DL every step of the way, to be quite honest.

I'd like to see if the 2015 model holds up well enough that we can see it compete in a similar contest in the year 2057.

·
Registered
'19 Outback Touring 3.6R
258 Posts
My first Subaru was an '85 GL-10 4WD Turbo Sedan. 5-speed Dual Range transmission. Air suspension that raised the car up at the push of a button (or when you put it into 4WD) and automatically dropped it down when you got up to about 50 MPH. I put Goodyear Wranglers on it and took it places where my buddies wouldn't take their testosterone built 4X4s!

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first Subaru was an '85 GL-10 4WD Turbo Sedan. 5-speed Dual Range transmission. Air suspension that raised the car up at the push of a button (or when you put it into 4WD) and automatically dropped it down when you got up to about 50 MPH. I put Goodyear Wranglers on it and took it places where my buddies wouldn't take their testosterone built 4X4s!
That sounds like the holy grail - turbo dual range 4WD manual transmission with air suspension - was this in the USA? Wish you had pics of it.

·
Registered
'19 Outback Touring 3.6R
258 Posts
That sounds like the holy grail - turbo dual range 4WD manual transmission with air suspension - was this in the USA? Wish you had pics of it.
USA, Southern California. I don't know how many were made. It was in the regular sales brochure for the year but I don't think I ever saw another one like it! Mine was light blue with a weird asymetrical checkerboard pattern on the seats, here's a link to a similar (but automatic) car:

As a four door sedan it was kind of a sleeper, people were always surprised to see me out on the trails. The car was so narrow I generally had to keep one tire on the edge of the road and the other on the hump between the two worn out tracks on the trails . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts