Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 subie was the first vehicle I ever bought new AND had dealer serviced routinely. Until the local dealership did a truly slam/bang job of replacing my airbags. So after many long years of deferring all to my dealer, I am back to doing whatever I can and then using independent repair shops as I deem necessary.

I learned to do tune-ups on my mother's 1963 Rambler. SHE taught me. The first car I ever owned was a Datsun 510, which I did tune-ups, carb rebuild, etc. I later bought a 1957 Studebaker Transtar from a co-worker. I did most of the work on it before I let it go when I moved to snow country. It didn't have a heater. I currently spend time under the beau's 1982 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce. He does most of the mechanical, but my smaller hands come in handy. And I can slide under it without jacking it up. I have been mentored over the years by both men and women who all shared the same kind of hands on approach as myself. Then I got to a place in my life where my waking hours were spent in a high stress tech environment and I hade more money than time, so I deferred all work on my brand spanking new subie to the dealership I bought it from. They were awesome! Small town in NH-Plaistow perhaps. (Google search comes up empty). Then I moved back to CA and had good service from the local dealer for a few years until the airbag incident. So now, I am once again spending time to fix what I can.

v

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts
A Rambler and a Studebaker.

You are good in my book.

:welcome2:

Gen3 OBs are great cars.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,197 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forget them - it's the Datsun 510 that caught my eye!

Wish I had mine back.

Yeah....me too. :( I get misty every time I see one. I sold mine, with over 200k on it, to a guy who was going to autocross with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts