Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am in the amazing town of ****son TN, blazing through cyberspace at the astonishingly stupendous modem speed of 24K. Already been kicked of the server once (make that twice in 15 minutes) and I have not even downloaded my company e-mail yet. I hope the conference hotel has high speed internet.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL at the board sensorship. The town is D i c kson

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Oh lord, I recall being on the road in cheap hotels, trying to get on line. I would unplug the phone and plug the wire into the computer, refer to my pre-printed list of access numbers, and begin trying (adding a 9 prefix, of course).

Sometimes I would have to call the front desk first, and they would have to switch *something* at their end to make a connection possible. One desk told me it simply was not possible to access the internet from the room - but I tried, and succeeded.

*G* well, you can always forget the computer, and just watch the monster truck freestyle competition on TV...

·
Administrator
4,268 Posts
Mericet said:
Here I am in the amazing town of ****son TN, blazing through cyberspace at the astonishingly stupendous modem speed of 24K. Already been kicked of the server once (make that twice in 15 minutes) and I have not even downloaded my company e-mail yet. I hope the conference hotel has high speed internet.
Ha! :21:

Neil that just makes my day! Was the internet any better than Omaha's? :p

Mericet said:
LOL at the board sensorship. The town is D i c kson
Gotta love that internet logic :D

I once read a book by Charles ****ens :21:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, no cheap hotels for me. Normally I stay in Hampton Inns. So far I have not had the same problems as you Alex.

Kevin, Ithink my dial up speed in Omaha was 19.2 K. Of course, during that time my laptop stopped working so it did not really matter.

·
I need a fog horn, ,
213 Posts
Mericet said:
I'm suprised they let a town with a name as obviously offensive as ****son exist that close to the buckle of the bible belt :)
I used to live about an hour or so east of Nashville in 94-95, and it was pretty much "inter-what?" at the local telephone co-op, trying to get a local dialup number.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
I made that crack (can we say "crack" here?) because one business trip ended in Atlanta, where I had all morning to pack, and surf channels. So I happened upon a freestyle competition - jeez, if one monster truck broke down or got stuck on the course, it was fair game for the others. And watching a modest little motor home get turned into a cloud of splinters was impressive.

·
Registered
137 Posts
In my company, at my last position, only certain supervisors had internet access. Then that is if the satellite is in the right position. No, I was not one of those supers.

Now, it is much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
SubieFinn
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing