Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Touring
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That year went by very quickly! I got my 2017 OB Touring last year a day or two before Thanksgiving after VW bought back my TDI wagon. I ran up more miles than usual, I guess because I've enjoyed the car and taken it on some extra trips!

I have really been comfortable with this choice after test driving just about every variation of Subaru before falling in love with the Touring and 3.6 engine.

My favorite aspects of the car:

• Eyesight and adaptive cruise control
  • Smooth power from the 3.6R engine makes passing and on-ramps very easy
  • Cargo capacity is excellent - I use the OB as a musical gear hauling vehicle multiple days a week for my band
  • Passenger comfort is great both front and back, but mostly just a solo driving vehicle
The things that vex me, but I've ultimately become numb to over the past year:

• Multimedia/satellite/nav system is buggy. I mainly just switch between a couple of stations and use Waze on my phone for nav. Bluetooth phone calls are sometimes quirky as well.
  • The lane swerving sensor goes off a lot when I'm commuting on a narrow two-lane road. I believe I can disable this, but occasionally find it useful so I have not disabled it.
OVerall, I am satisfied and look forward to many more years of service. I added the 19mm RSB within the first month of ownership and really like it as well.

·
Registered
'16 STi, '17 Outback
112 Posts
I'm coming up 8 months (April 11) on my OB, with little bit less miles (13k miles/22k km) and I gotta agree with you on most things, I just would like to add:

- I wish we had ventilate front seats.
- A way to adjust adaptive cruise throttle response, sometimes its like a on-off switch.

Overall I'm very happy with the car, it meets every single of my expectation of the car, has been to all the places I wanted to go and even places I didn't expect it to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts