Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to share my Subaru experience so far. Purchased 2017 Outback 3.6R Limited. I choose subaru because of driving dynamics, the AWD system, and Value. The car has only 46,000 km on it and Will be 3 years old come March 2020. I am second quessing my decision to buy a Subaru because of the very annoying problems. I will list in order of occurance.

1. Front end rattle, dealer replaces spring in steering rack. Doesn't entirely go away.
2. Front engine seal leaking oil. Dealer has to do major surgery and replace front end engine seal.
3. Front end rattle persists only when cold. Dealer just determined the steering rack needs replacement.
4. I get the car back with the Traction control, Eye sight, and BSM all light up on the dash, basically not working. Dealer says its the Steering Angle sensor needs replacement.
5. The blind spot monitoring sensors have failed, dealer has to take the whole rear bumper off to repair.

Previous to Subaru I have owned nothing but Toyotas, and have NEVER had to take any of them in for repairs. I am afraid after this goes off warranty I will be nickle and dimmed with on-going issues. I love my outback but am very disappointed in the lack of quality.

Has anyone else had similar problems ? Do you plan to keep your Outback or sell and get something else ?

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
How do you love your OB? Isn't quality a huge factor? What's left to love you can't find in a different vehicle?

I won't keep a daily driver beyond the basic warranty. Once the warranty is gone, so is the vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts