Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Green Outback Onyx
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I ordered lights, cabling and an SSD Performance Rally Bar for my Onyx and just had a less stupid moment to realize that the Onyx has a front camera...

I was able to cancel the lights and wiring order but the bull bar is on its way. It might be a bit late but...

Has anybody installed this light bar (or another) on the Onyx? How much does it block the camera view with all lights mounted or with only bottom lights?

Thanks!

Reactions: Boyer66

·
Registered
30 Posts
From the images for the bar, it should not interfere. The camera is mounted in the upper grill (a couple inches below the Subaru emblem), and the bar mounts in the lower grill. So an LED bar would not interfere.

·
Registered
2020 Green Outback Onyx
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll see. The camera angle is so that I can see the upper lip of the black part of the bumper, so I think it will definitely be in the way.
But my brain farts were still going on. Someone pointed out to me that I could just do a mock-up. I've got a 2" PVC pipe that, when I have time, I will tape to the bumper. I'll post shots of the results back here for others considering adding lights to the Onyx around the bumper area.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just installed this today by myself. I also installed the curt hitch from Etrailer a few months back so I was prepared to take a\part the front. I did not get to my 20" rough country light-bar yet, I only needed a hand from the crate shown to attach my fog lights. I plan on having to adjust the camera.

·
Registered
2020 Green Outback Onyx
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Could you post a picture of the head unit with the camera on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I finally had time to get back to installation, here is a mock up of where exactly my kree 20" light bar would take up valuable camera real estate; https://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country-70920BL-20-inch-Anywhere/dp/B01CNZKOC8. I realize if I spent time with my grinder I could tweak the mounting brackets so I could install underneath the bar. I think that will be too low.
I' prefer not to move my camera and license plate so It will be going up under the roof rack and smaller square ones down in front.

Reactions: mdrider
1 - 7 of 7 Posts