Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a trim lineup from a Subaru dealer. It says only limited and above have Steering Responsive Headlights. I want to ask Onyx owners. Do your Onyx have this function?

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,607 Posts
I read a trim lineup from a Subaru dealer. It says only limited and above have Steering Responsive Headlights. I want to ask Onyx owners. Do your Onyx have this function?
It does not. I wish they had self leveling lights more than steering responsive lights.

·
Registered
2020 Outback
467 Posts
Had them on our 2018 Forester Touring, don’t on our 2020 Outback. The headlight coverage is good enough that I don’t really miss them.

·
Registered
Crystal White Pearl 2020 Onyx Edition Xt
50 Posts
I had them on a 2017 Forester Touring and like stillearning said, the headlights cover a good bit of area. I really don't miss them either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I posed the same question to the salesman at the dealer in hopes they could tell me. Not a deal breaker, but a question I want answered before I make the decision to purchase one.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Do they have the boomerang DRL’s? That was a feature I don’t have on my Forester - only the SRH’s come with the boomerangs C lights.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,607 Posts
I posed the same question to the salesman at the dealer in hopes they could tell me. Not a deal breaker, but a question I want answered before I make the decision to purchase one.
Do they have the boomerang DRL’s? That was a feature I don’t have on my Forester - only the SRH’s come with the boomerangs C lights.
I have an Onyx, it doesn't have Steering responsive headlights. But it does have the 'C' shaped DRLs.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
That’s great. Glad to see they updated it. I was very bummed to see my Forester Premium doesn’t have it (has fixed LED’s though)

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
155 Posts
Subaru's website lists and compares all the features for each trim of the 2020 OB. The Onyx doesn't have Steering Responsive Headlights (SRH). I have a Limited XT, which does. My advice is to not skip a specific trim just because it is missing SRH. It helps, but it isn't a major game changer. If you're off-roading a lightbar is the right tool. There is quite a bit of spillover with the headlights in the normal forward position. Often, the SRH function is hardly perceptible. It is neat when it works, though.

The Limited XT has a number of additional features beyond SRH that aren't available on the Limited or Onyx. When you add it all up, I believe the Limited XT is the best 2020 Outback one can get (I feel it even beats the Touring). That's why I got the Limited XT.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Yeah, I love the Limited XT. If they had ventilated seats, I'd probably skip the Touring XT. I hate the feel of my back sticking to the seats when I get out in the summer. The Nappa Brown leather is interesting, but not necessarily a deal breaker. Interestingly enough, the Forester Touring trims offer a choice between Black and Brown leather.

I love your channel on Youtube @n2now ! (#Subscriber)

I would like to see a Chrome Delete or Black Badging offered regardless of the trim level comparable to what Toyota's doing (among other manufacturers)... I'm interested in a Touring for the features rather than the bling.

I don't care about the chrome insert for the door handles or the chrome side mirrors, I don't need Nappa leather (though it's very nice!), so for me, it becomes a decision about roughly $2000 MSRP between the two. You could argue the better quality leather helps justify that gap, but I don't know.

I love the idea of a Magnetite Gray Limited XT with the Black interior.... I'd have to figure out a way to buy the Onyx XT badges and put them on the back, lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have a 17 FXT Touring with the moving headlights. I drove each one back to back, and the Onyx doesn’t need them. The headlight beam area is nice and wide, even on the curvy unlit roads around me.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited Abyss Blue Pearl 2.5
80 Posts
They tried to sell me an Onyx. My Wife didn't like the Upholstery, she wanted Black Leather. I didn't want the 2.4 Turbo. I really don't care about the SRH, but we got them in the LTD.
Except for the Auto SS we love out new 20 LTD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts