Subaru Outback Forums banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
3,037 Posts
" I generally prefer the truth whenever I decide what I want it to be." Looks about right. I love it when told I I have no idea of what Im talking about. Owning and moderating the forum doesnt make you smart or right. The postscript on your notes says more about you than your quips. You wrote it, not me.
i dont take a knee for anyone. Keep your forum in line or as you want others to follow your line of thought. Sheep is the word of the day.
Your time here has come to an end.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
394 Posts
Still torn. The price delta is smaller now that I’ve removed some accessories I can install myself down the road or eliminated altogether. Looking at around $3000 difference now between the trade in Onyx and the Wilderness. Tough to do since I can’t get a test drive and would be ordering in the blind. I like the lift and the cosmetics. Had some reservations about the orange stitching everywhere. It’s less apparent on the Onyx with the green stitching in only a few areas.
Not my decision to make, but keep in mind that something newer/more updated/slightly better always comes along. Unless it does something you need that your Onyx does not, I would lean towards keeping the Onyx and buy the next new thing when you are ready to buy again. I went through the same thing with my Focus ST when the Focus RS came out. I wanted the RS, but did not need the additional performance or AWD.

Noting that my key assumption here is that the Onyx does everything you need. If you absolutely need the ground clearance, additional x-mode functionality, or shorter final drive, then go for it. The $3000 difference seems reasonable for the trade you are looking at; a year newer car with 0 miles justifies a good chunk of that and the resale will likely be better on the Wilderness models anyway.

Did I just tell you not to do it, then give you a reason to go ahead and do it via resale.... yes, yes I did. You do have a hard decision to make :)

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
394 Posts
Wait, he/she was about to teach me how to get better mileage.
If those numbers were real... I have not seen that kind of Highway MPG on my Touring XT so I somehow doubt them on the Wilderness (though driving environment is a huge factor so maybe). I can manage 23+ city on the Touring if I try really hard for it and traffic is really low.

Reactions: PilotXT

·
Registered
357 Posts
I will be happy if I get 20mpg average. I'm already saving $250/month over the 4 Runner. Slightly cheaper insurance. Better mpg's would be a bonus. Should never get worse though. My dog and I are taking a trip to CO, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, W. CO in 7 weeks so I should save almost $400 in gas alone.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Yeah I was lucky enough that a Wilderness was on the lot. The bronze accents are a nice change from red that I had on Jeeps and 4 Runners.
I would be doing a factory order so I will be looking at 2-3 months under normal circumstances. The good news is that my dealer is locking in my trade value until that time.

·
Premium Member
2022 Outback Wilderness with moonroof package
189 Posts
If those numbers were real... I have not seen that kind of Highway MPG on my Touring XT so I somehow doubt them on the Wilderness (though driving environment is a huge factor so maybe). I can manage 23+ city on the Touring if I try really hard for it and traffic is really low.
Maybe this will help -- I have 1898 miles on my OBW, which includes break in period and driving in lower gears to boost rpm. No stop and go traffic. Rural area, most driving between 45 and 65 mph. Modest short trip driving. No long highway trips yet. My overall average mpg vary between 23.5 and 24.1. I've seen current mpg drop to 11 or 12 and go up to 33 or so.

I expect OBW to come out pretty close to the estimates, maybe a touch better if I'd just behave myself.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness, Magnetite Gray Metallic, Gray Interior
98 Posts
Oh yeah and I'm being censored by Rub the "super moderator" and have just gotten out the outback forum version of Facebook jail.
Let it go. You're in the wrong. If you don't like what the mods do, leave the forum. This is a private forum. The only thing you are doing is showing everybody in this thread just how immature and childish you are. Stick to car talk and leave your feelings at the door.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
3,037 Posts
Let it go. You're in the wrong. If you don't like what the mods do, leave the forum. This is a private forum. The only thing you are doing is showing everybody in this thread just how immature and childish you are. Stick to car talk and leave your feelings at the door.
I banned him in my post.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,253 Posts
If the wheels are the only issue then get the Wilderness and the dealer will probably gladly swap Onyx wheels onto your Wilderness.

Reactions: HKshooter

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R Touring
788 Posts
Maybe this will help -- I have 1898 miles on my OBW, which includes break in period and driving in lower gears to boost rpm. No stop and go traffic. Rural area, most driving between 45 and 65 mph. Modest short trip driving. No long highway trips yet. My overall average mpg vary between 23.5 and 24.1. I've seen current mpg drop to 11 or 12 and go up to 33 or so.

I expect OBW to come out pretty close to the estimates, maybe a touch better if I'd just behave myself.
Just to be clear, if you are driving between 45mph and 65mph, that is more equated to highway driving then city driving, by far. So your mileage makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 129 Posts