Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
that's a sweet machine! do you know if those rear spoilers are still available?
This spoiler is from Japan, but the American ones I think are identical.
There's 1 on ebay right now. If you keep an eye out, you can find used ones pop up here and there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'd been wondering if a winch could be mounted like that behind the bumper. The whole car is awesome, but that trick with the winch is the best.
Hey thanks. Yeah, it was a close call and barely fit, but it did.
Either the winch was going to fit behind the bumper or we weren't going to do one at all. I didn't want a big honkin' winch hanging off the front of an Outback. Less is more.
But we did need to fabricate a custom bracket to secure it safely back there so you can actually use it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I keep coming back to this and reviewing your photos. I'm very impressed with the work. I am a big fan of modified cars should not look modified. Meaning that when done right modifications should look like the car was designed that way, not look like you raided a catalog and bolted a bunch of crap on.

The roof rack and winch mounts are impressive in that they don't look like add ons. You've certainly provided some good ideas to work with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also, the wheels it started out with in the photo album are actually one of the few non-stock wheels I've ever seen that I think actually look GOOD on that car (usually I care about as much about custom wheels as what color your window stickers are). What are they from? Is it from some late-model OB?
They look like Crosstrek Hybrid wheels to me.

Funny, they do look much better on this Outback than they did on the Crosstrek.

·
Super Moderator
12,121 Posts
I have a 2004 and am planning on installing 215/65r16's on it. What did you do to get them to fit on the Desert Outback?
Nothing needed to make them fit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I keep coming back to this and reviewing your photos. I'm very impressed with the work. I am a big fan of modified cars should not look modified. Meaning that when done right modifications should look like the car was designed that way, not look like you raided a catalog and bolted a bunch of crap on.

The roof rack and winch mounts are impressive in that they don't look like add ons. You've certainly provided some good ideas to work with.
Thanks so much.
Yeah, the craftsmanship was something else with this car. Everything was specifically designed to fit the exact contour of this specific gen car.
Like you said, there's a difference between this and when you buy universal parts.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Nice, I really wish they would have looked at original Subaru colors from the 80's era Subaru BRATS. Grace Beige would ahve been perfect (that is the color of my tan BRAT)
can go to paintscratch dot com and look up a 85 subaru and find the color code for exampls. Each year had own colors back then. would have really been nice to keep it to Subaru like color

21 - 30 of 30 Posts