Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My lease on my '16 Forester is up in a month so my wife and I are out looking to buy a 2018 3.6 Outback Touring. We got a price from a dealer a mile from my house that I think is good but my wife wants a better deal.

Without considering what financing deal we can get they want $36,021. RSRP $40,882. With this price, they told us 0% is not available that they can't combine 2 incentives. To get 0% financing the price would be $1,855 more.

The sticking point with my wife is that they won't give us the 0% financing and the lower price.

I'd appreciate any input.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 2.5
122 Posts
Find a different dealer. If you live in NorCal go to Serramonte Subaru. Got mine for $31,700 and 0% financing.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Find a different dealer. If you live in NorCal go to Serramonte Subaru. Got mine for $31,700 and 0% financing.
OK, but I'm looking at a 3.6. That's a bit of a difference but thanks because what you paid gives me a reference point. Looks like $34,700 would be about right then.

I'll edit my original post to mention this.

I'm in NE Illinois.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
551 Posts
Get the quote from Grand Subaru, and they won't make you pick 0% financing or the 'deal'. Financing comes straight from Subaru so it does not cost dealer a thing.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,254 Posts
I'm in NE Illinois.
In that case, Grand Subaru in Chicago should be your next contact. Email them, describe what you want, and request a price quote ... it's as simple as that.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In that case, Grand Subaru in Chicago should be your next contact. Email them, describe what you want, and request a price quote ... it's as simple as that.
I've dealt with them when I bought my '15 but they didn't have the 3.6 I wanted at the time, so we ordered one and we waited 3 months like they said it would take, then they told me a longer wait and I found what I wanted at Dahl Subaru in Lacrosse Wi and we drove the 250 miles to get that car. They gave us a similar deal.

I do intend on talking to them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got a quote from Grand. Best price by a little over a grand. <<< That's funny.

A dealer in Naperville Il has a free lifetime power train warranty. I'm waiting for a quote on the car now.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,254 Posts
A dealer ... has a free lifetime power train warranty.
Read the fine print. Such "warranties" often require that you follow the dealer's maintenance schedule rather than Subaru's, and that you have to pay them to perform that maintenance ... at often inflated prices. Magnuson-Moss does not apply. The Gerald warranty seems to avoid those pitfalls, but I'd read the fine print carefully anyway. There's seldom a free lunch.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Read the fine print. Such "warranties" often require that you follow the dealer's maintenance schedule rather than Subaru's, and that you have to pay them to perform that maintenance ... at often inflated prices. Magnuson-Moss does not apply. The Gerald warranty seems to avoid those pitfalls, but I'd read the fine print carefully anyway. There's seldom a free lunch.
According to the video I posted above, you do have to follow the maintenance schedule but you can go to any licensed auto repair shop, does not have to be to them or even to a Subaru dealer.

I would think any powertrain extended warranty would be the same.

·
Registered
18 Outback 3.6r Touring
638 Posts
Sounds about right for our market. We did the same when we turned in our 16 forester. The 0% is always inlieu of an additional rebate. If your military or 1st responder you could get that discount added to make up for the interest rebate.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds about right for our market. We did the same when we turned in our 16 forester. The 0% is always inlieu of an additional rebate. If your military or 1st responder you could get that discount added to make up for the interest rebate.
You know that's what the first dealer told me but I've found several dealers willing to do the 0% and give us a very good deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts