Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang. I ordered a custom-built 2013 Outback about 3.5 months ago and my dealer tells me I should be able to get it this coming week (finally!). Here's what I ordered, Subaru's MSRP (LOL) and my dealer's original offer. I'd like to get feedback about if I should haggle the price some more or if I'm in good shape.

2013 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, PZEV

Package 9: All-Weather + H/K Audio + Moonroof (and auto-dim mirror/compass with HomeLink and integrated backup camera)

Accessories: Front Bumper Under Guard, Puddle Lights, Rear Bumper Cover, Remote Engine Start, Security Shock Sensor add-on, Splash Guards, Trailer Hitch, All-Weather Floor Mats, Interior Illumination Kit, Bike Carrier - fork mount (roof), Bike Front Wheel Holder.

Subaru's MSRP is $32,158. My dealer's opening offer was $30,056. So far all I've spent is the $500 deposit check to order the car. Is this a decent deal, or should I haggle some more? Also, I plan to add the 7/100 Subaru extended warranty, price dependent. I've seen the long thread on that subject already, so I'm pretty well educated.

Thanks for any (constructive) input gang, I'm excited to get my new Subaru! :D

- Bill

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
$30K+ for a Premium sounds high. I would think there is up to $1K+ left on the table. Check out the "What did you pay" thread.

·
Registered
2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
717 Posts
There are lots of threads on prices. A quick search and some calculations will tell you what others are paying in terms of percent off MSRP in your area. With regard to your situation, what all does the dealer's "offer" include? Dealers have a way of adding back in charges that negate discounts. You can't tell if it's a decent deal without knowing the final price. It's interesting that you were apparently able to order the car without signing some sort of document that included the pre-determined price in writing?

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums.../46200-what-did-you-pay-your-2012-2013-a.html

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Limited
153 Posts
Go to Edmunds.com and input your specs and options. It'll give you invoice price, MSRP, and what others in your area paid.

I paid around $29k for my 2012 Limited with PZEB, moonroof, puddle lights, splash guards, and rear bumper underguard.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi gang. I ordered a custom-built 2013 Outback about 3.5 months ago and my dealer tells me I should be able to get it this coming week (finally!). Here's what I ordered, Subaru's MSRP (LOL) and my dealer's original offer. I'd like to get feedback about if I should haggle the price some more or if I'm in good shape.

2013 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, PZEV

Package 9: All-Weather + H/K Audio + Moonroof (and auto-dim mirror/compass with HomeLink and integrated backup camera)

Accessories: Front Bumper Under Guard, Puddle Lights, Rear Bumper Cover, Remote Engine Start, Security Shock Sensor add-on, Splash Guards, Trailer Hitch, All-Weather Floor Mats, Interior Illumination Kit, Bike Carrier - fork mount (roof), Bike Front Wheel Holder.

Subaru's MSRP is $32,158. My dealer's opening offer was $30,056. So far all I've spent is the $500 deposit check to order the car. Is this a decent deal, or should I haggle some more? Also, I plan to add the 7/100 Subaru extended warranty, price dependent. I've seen the long thread on that subject already, so I'm pretty well educated.

Thanks for any (constructive) input gang, I'm excited to get my new Subaru! :D

- Bill
I got a 2.5 Prem with moon roof in November. I got the bumper cover, wheel well arches, all weather package, side molding, seat back protectors and all weather floormats. I don't have the HK head unit. I paid 27,300 before tax and title. I've seen other people say the got a similar car in the low 26s .
You have a lot of other options in there so 30k does not seem too far off the mark. You will get the best deals on a car that the dealer has sitting on the lot... but none of them will have all the stuff you listed.

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5i PZEV MR, Keyless Access & Push-Button Start, Nav, Eyesight - Tungsten Metallic
1,313 Posts
Running your selections through TRUECAR.com - with the exception of the bike carrier - gave the following results:

Is your deposit non-refundable? If so I don't see why your dealer would give you a better price as they don't make that much more than $500 when they discount the car below invoice - not counting holdback.

EDIT - not sure how TRUECAR came up with a higher MSRP than your dealer unless there'a been a price increase since you placed your order.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
Hi,
I am waiting for my new 2013 OB 3.6R which I ordered 4 weeks ago. It will have Popular pkg#2, sunshade, rear side compartment cargo net, rear seat back cargo net, auto-dimming mirror with compass/homelink, remote engine starter, body side molding. MSRP is $31,156. Dealers invoice is $28,743. Sale price is $27,736. This includes free maintenance for 2 years, free wear and tear coverage for 3 years/36,000 miles, free oil changes for life, free car washes for life, free loaner for regular maintenance.
I hope I don't have to wait as long as you have! Good luck!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi,
I am waiting for my new 2013 OB 3.6R which I ordered 4 weeks ago. It will have Popular pkg#2, sunshade, rear side compartment cargo net, rear seat back cargo net, auto-dimming mirror with compass/homelink, remote engine starter, body side molding. MSRP is $31,156. Dealers invoice is $28,743. Sale price is $27,736. This includes free maintenance for 2 years, free wear and tear coverage for 3 years/36,000 miles, free oil changes for life, free car washes for life, free loaner for regular maintenance.
I hope I don't have to wait as long as you have! Good luck!
Thats a good deal for a 3.6R, thats about $1K more than I paid for my fairly loaded 2.5i, CVT, Prem back in 2011. I would absolutely HAVE to have a sunroof though. I rented a 2013 that didn't have one and couldn't believe how much I missed that option alone. The remote start is a waste of money IMO since doesn't it shut the car off when you open the door?? I also think the shock sensor and lighting kit is a waste.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ordered a 2013 OB

Thats a good deal for a 3.6R, thats about $1K more than I paid for my fairly loaded 2.5i, CVT, Prem back in 2011. I would absolutely HAVE to have a sunroof though. I rented a 2013 that didn't have one and couldn't believe how much I missed that option alone. The remote start is a waste of money IMO since doesn't it shut the car off when you open the door?? I also think the shock sensor and lighting kit is a waste.
@ Pool Runner - I am happy with the deal I got, and like the sales person at Subaru of Georgetown that I am working with. I've not had any hassles, games or high-pressure sales tactics. They offered a fair deal to begin with. I understand most people want a sunroof, but the sun is not my friend since I had an early stage melanoma removed. I find it too noisy to have open most of the time anyway, since my job in home health requires me to take frequent calls in the car. The 3.6 doesn't have an option for all-weather package without the limited options, so the remote start is my best bet for warming up or cooling down the car before I leave a patient's home. (I am in and out repeatedly throughout the day). I will be moving back to Kansas in a couple years, so will encounter lots of different weather/driving conditions. SO looking forward to having a car that will accommodate all my physical therapy gear and allow me to drive on any terrain, in any weather I will encounter! I hope I don't have to wait too much longer. No VON# yet...

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
OP…
As alluded, peruse the ‘What did you pay’ thread.<O:p</O:p
<O:p
Front Bumper Under Guard, Puddle Lights, Rear Bumper Cover, Remote Engine Start, Security Shock Sensor add-on, Splash Guards, Trailer Hitch, All-Weather Floor Mats, Interior Illumination Kit, Bike Carrier - fork mount (roof), Bike Front Wheel Holder.<O:p</O:p

That’s a lot of bolt-ons on a Prem. I have the HK on mine = so-so.<O:p</O:p
$32.2K at 12% off brings you $28.3K, there’s still ~$1.6K on the table.<O:p</O:p
You might want to take a look at the Ltd (given your price/offer)… Auto-AC, rear vents, temp gauge, std AWP/HK, leather, pass-side powers seats.<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate leather interiors and I can't stand climate control systems. Maybe that makes me weird, I'm fine with that, but those are the only reasons I didn't get a Limited. Yes it feels like a very bolted-on Premium, but most manufacturers package up their cars too much, so this is what I decided to go with.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i premium AWP sunroof, ice silver metallic
93 Posts
OP, I have a 2012 model with all of those same specs, minus the bike rack thing, & paid $25,015. I didn't custom order mine though.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
OP, I have a 2012 model with all of those same specs, minus the bike rack thing, & paid $25,015. I didn't custom order mine though.
Do you have All-Weather + H/K Audio + Moonroof? From your earlier post, it did not appear to be the case.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i premium AWP sunroof, ice silver metallic
93 Posts
Wait, no, i don't have the h/k audio. I do have the all weather package & moonroof.

I have the media hub w/ audio streaming. I'm trying to find the page that detailed pics of the interior & can't find it...but based on a parts website, that's what it's called I think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, I have the HK audio, Cold-Weather package and moonroof, which includes the backup camera on the HK screen. MY final price was just over $29k which included the 7/100 warranty. Drove it home today - couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congrats on your new ride! I'm glad you got a good deal. I am totally with you on not liking leather seats and the fancy package deal. We are, indeed, part of a small group. Earlier tonight I saw a poll on here for Gen 4 OBs that showed nearly 500 were 2.5i Premiums and only 8 were 3.6R without the Limited package. Not sure what that will mean for resale down the road but it doesn't matter since I plan to keep it for a long time. Enjoy, and post some pics!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts