Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one will be built so I get only what I want. I did well on price but I did better on selection of dealer, Steve Lewis who is now in Hadley MA. 4-6 week wait and everything I wanted except today I want two more things and will call to add them. This will be a good vehicle for me, easy in and out will save my back a bunch. Also the upright sitting position will be very helpful. Thanks for all of the help.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure,have in another tread and did not want to be redundant

OB LTD
Eyesite package
Body Side molding
Splash Guards
Remote Start
All weather mats
Rear Cargo Net
Rear bumper cover

Now I am wondering if I want

Rear Seatback protectors
Cargo Organizer

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hate to tell you, and the dealer should have also, everything on your list except eyesight can be added at the dealer with minimal wait for the vehicle to arrive. You don't say what color you ordered though, but they should have been able to find one nearby.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hate to tell you, and the dealer should have also, everything on your list except eyesight can be added at the dealer with minimal wait for the vehicle to arrive. You don't say what color you ordered though, but they should have been able to find one nearby.
Get the rear seatback protectors. Its a nice touch. If only they had a hard cargo barrier instead of a mesh one as well as side protectors so we could haul more stuff

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I should have explained, I don't need the car now, by ordering I get a better price as it does not take up space on their lot and they do not have to finance a spot for it.... I wanted to have the car with only what I wanted on it, thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get the rear seatback protectors. Its a nice touch. If only they had a hard cargo barrier instead of a mesh one as well as side protectors so we could haul more stuff
Thanks hiker. Funny thing, the dealer that did not get the order wants me to cancel the order, give me a $200 better price NOW. I would never cancel an order and they should be ashamed, they had to make me that offer if they wanted to. They never sent me what I said I needed, their final offer in writing, so they did not get the order, you can't make this stuff up.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks hiker. Funny thing, the dealer that did not get the order wants me to cancel the order, give me a $200 better price NOW. I would never cancel an order and they should be ashamed, they had to make me that offer if they wanted to. They never sent me what I said I needed, their final offer in writing, so they did not get the order, you can't make this stuff up.
Crazy dealers $200! Its tough enough ordering a vehicle and they. Sometimes it takes a decision to get the salesmen to move. GO with the dealer you purchased from. I am lucky here in Indiana as all the dealers are so close to the plant. Most dealers go ahead and sell at employee pricing and no dealer fees

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hate to tell you, and the dealer should have also, everything on your list except eyesight can be added at the dealer with minimal wait for the vehicle to arrive.
Do you pay labor for installation of accessories at port, before the dealer receives it? I would think not since it's not the dealer's car yet.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I hope you told that dumbass to stuff it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
iainb
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing