Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have been lurking here for a very long time...actually since I sat in a 2010 Legacy and Outback at a local car show. Does anyone have any recommendations in the Dallas Ft. Worth area in terms of dealers?

Since this is my first post I'll add a little info on my journey to this point. I have been in love since sitting in the earlier models but Subaru won me over with the changes the made on the '13. I specifically asked them to consider adding turn signals in the mirror and add rear vents to help reducing the effects of the TX summer beatings we take as well as the need for memory seats cause duh, this is the 21st Century. Their response was the SAP.

I know it was no just my requests that influenced them adding to these to the vehicle as from following this forum for the last 2 years the have been a recurring topic here. But don't you dare try and take it away from me the feeling that they added the package cause of me email. DON'T YOU DARE :)

Tonight my wife agreed for me to order my 1st of many:
1. New car
2. Subaru
3. Customized to my desires.

It is very hard for me to contain my excitement. I will be ordering on Saturday so back to the main question, does anyone of you have any recommendations on where to go for best deal and supplemental service to place my order in the DFW area? I have been in contact with Jerry at Huffines in Denton (best price) and D at Sewell in Dallas. Not been at all impressed with anything/body at Plano but I'm willing to give them a second chance if someone can convince me. Right now I am leaning towards Sewell as I like the way D dealt with me as I liked how the dealership was setup. The service waiting room was impressive.

Thanks all! It is going to be hard to sleep tonight and tomorrow then for the next 2 months after ordering but I am so friggin ecstatic!

·
Registered
16,970 Posts
you might check the Costco program. some people have had good luck with that but, I have read where their have been instances where the dealers that signed up for it didn't know how it should work. Thing is, Costco will bend over bacwards to please a customer with a legitimate problem.

Both dealerships I got my soobs from are gone/taken over(Automall and Teape - now is Bob Moore). I do all my own maintenance and many repairs so, I don't have continuous experience with a dealer. My mother-in-law purchased from Bob Moore and her overall experience was OK. My WRX is at Bob Moore right now - too soon to really make a judgement though, it seems like they've had my car about a day longer than I would expect. Still, I have a 13 Outback courtesy loaner and everyone there has been very nice!

Sewell is well respected in general.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Actually, thanks to this forum, I did sign up for a Costo account and will use that as leverage as well. Hopefully that will get me to the ballpark figure I am looking to spend with all the accessories I would like to add.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a very pleasant buying experience from Sewell Subaru in Dallas. Great folks and a very nice customer lounge. Super-friendly people. It was my first purchase from them and I will likely be a return customer. My previous car was totaled from the hail storm that hit east Dallas in June.

·
Registered
16,970 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Actually, thanks to this forum, I did sign up for a Costo account and will use that as leverage as well. Hopefully that will get me to the ballpark figure I am looking to spend with all the accessories I would like to add.
you might check out Edmunds 'true value' or w'ever they call it. You can plug in all the packages and add-ons I think.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do.

I had some decent quotes at $500 over invoice back in July but the Mrs put the breaks on me ordering then.

Off to Edmunds.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Costco program

Be sure to go through the Costco Auto Program at www.costco.com under the Services tab. Follow the instructions and you will get a great deal and a good time. I know or at least 1 dealer and I've been told that many dealers claim to give you the Costco deal, but If you don't go through Costco.com you're not getting what you think you are. Using the program makes car buying a very pleasant experience.
Enjoy!
Joe

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will Joe. Just took a screenshot of my TMV from Edmunds, now headed to Costo for some pricing.

This forum is bloody awesome and I'm sure my Subie will be once I get her. Man I can't sleep already!

·
Registered
55 Posts
PATRICK VARRASSI @ Brandon Tomes Subaru. They beat D's/Sewell's price by nearly $2K with more options. I really liked D and his salesmanship. He's a really nice guy but when it came to dollars and cents I had to go with the better deal. Watch all the dealers around here on parts prices. Sometimes they will try to charge you above retail! If you go to Tomes tell Patrick, Randall said hello!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting Ruby. That is the only dealership in my area I have not visited...yet. I'll make a trip out there today I guess and see what they say. I wonder if they work with Costco or can beat the deal I'll get via Costco.

I appreciate the heads up and will check it out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Digdah,
If its no secret tell us more what OB with SAP you want? What price you got from COSTCO? Maybe folks in Dallas area can give you more advice.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have no secrets to hide. This is the configuration I'm looking for:

2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Satin White TX Heat Beating Pearl
SPECIAL APPEARANCE PKG
STANDARD PAINT
ILLUMINATION PKG 2
SPLASH GUARDS
PUDDLE LIGHTS
HOOD PROTECTOR
SECURITY SYSTEM SHOCK SENSOR

Edmunds quote was $34441 being the true market value. Costco's numbers were about $200 more for the same exact configuration. No idea if I would be able to negotiate with the dealer to get anything lower.

·
Registered
126 Posts
We bought our first 2011 (2.5 base model with AT) from Subaru of Plano and got a fantastic deal. Four months later we were shopping for our second one and went back to Plano. They did not have the color we wanted in the style (2.5 premium with AT - needed the power seat) we wanted so we shopped all around the metroplex and wound up in McKinney at Tomes. After a little work we got a similar deal to the original purchase in Plano. Their original email quote for a car we identified on their lot was right at the VIP pricing (we would get through IMBA). When we went by the dealership they were able to come down some more. We were equally happy with both dealerships. If you have done your homework and know what pricing is fair you should be happy with either one.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Interesting Ruby. That is the only dealership in my area I have not visited...yet. I'll make a trip out there today I guess and see what they say. I wonder if they work with Costco or can beat the deal I'll get via Costco.

I appreciate the heads up and will check it out.
Not sure if you're already a Costco member or not, but I think for Costco's auto program, you have to be a member for a month or two, before you qualify.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Satin White TX Heat Beating Pearl
SPECIAL APPEARANCE PKG
Std factory pkg, the rest are bolt-ons.
Have you looked at the dealers’ on-lot/in-transit inventories? They need to move these, have them quote you.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Joe, I am a Costco member and have been for about 2 months. I already have the process in motion and am I'm in communication with a local dealership that works with them.

GasG - for some reason I want to order the car. There are no Satin White SAP's locally and just would prefer these add-ons to be done at the factory and go through the whole waiting period for my first new car. Now if there is something locally that they give me a great deal on I'll bite but for now I'd rather have it come after Christmas...preferably near my birthday at the end of the year.

I'm open to anything at this point...just want to get rid of the Maxima.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you haven't purchased one yet, I'll add another vote to Tomes Subaru in Mckinney. Based on this thread I went straight to Patrick Varrassi and he was excellent and finding what we wanted for a good price. Everything was straight forward without hassle or games.

Last year the mother-in-law went to Plano Subaru and while the salesman was alright, the drawn out process took more than 8 hours. Recently my sister-in-law tried to use the same salesman, who no longer worked there, so another salesman tried to help her but was so slimey she left in disgust and bought an new Audi later that day.

Apparently Plano Subaru got new owners a couple of years ago and has been on the downhill slide ever since.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have already order with Sewell Ffred. The change of ownership at the Plano location makes it all clear to me now. Something had changed (for the worse) there and I just could not put my finger on it.

Waiting for this thing to arrive is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just received an email from my salesman with the VIN and an ETR of Nov 19th. I'm so excited!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
11 Participants
digdah
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing