Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i SAP/white, 2013 BMW 335i xDrive sedan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our lease is up on our 2010 Outback 2.5i Limited with Nav. We have really enjoyed it. My wife has had no complaints although I have not been very happy with the suspension and steering feel. Also the nav interface is quite poor. We cross shopped the Ford Escape, Hyundai Santa Fe, and Honda CRV this time around but still felt the Outback is the overall best car for us. I'm very pleased with the improved suspension tuning and the increased low end torque on my test drives. Although not sure the nav is improved from what I've read, just different. We ordered the 2.5i with SAP in white and I'm looking forward to the previously unavailable keyless entry/push button start and seat memory - luxuries I have grown accustomed to on my cars (my wife primarily drives the Outback). Also got puddle lights, side molding, all weather floor mats. I would prefer the 6 cylinder engine for my driving style but again my wife primarily drives it and she preferred the fuel economy over the performance which I can't disagree with. 30mpg on the highway in this size car with AWD is impressive. Paid under invoice plus got $1500 of equity from our low milage 2010 lease so even though Subaru does not have great lease rates pricing turned out to be pretty reasonable. I think we will enjoy this outback even more.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
Did you pick it up today?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you pick it up today?
Unfortunately couldn't pick it up today but will tomorrow. We leased two new cars and they both happen to unexpectedly arrive early and on the same day and didn't have time to pick up both. I got to pick up mine today. :) My wife gets the outback tomorrow.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Premium - Former: Golf TDI
457 Posts
Unfortunately couldn't pick it up today but will tomorrow. We leased two new cars and they both happen to unexpectedly arrive early and on the same day and didn't have time to pick up both. I got to pick up mine today. :) My wife gets the outback tomorrow.
I see you picked up a 335xi - how are you enjoying it? Personally, I'm a huge fan of the new styling on F30's, especially the interior if optioned with the lux package. I think a 328xi will likely be in my stable as CPO here in about 2-3 years when my Outback goes to the wife :29:

Enjoy the new rides!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you picked up a 335xi - how are you enjoying it? Personally, I'm a huge fan of the new styling on F30's, especially the interior if optioned with the lux package. I think a 328xi will likely be in my stable as CPO here in about 2-3 years when my Outback goes to the wife :29:

Enjoy the new rides!
Just picked it up last night. Replaced a 2009 335xi. It's a fantastic car and I'm very lucky to be able to own one. Got sport line in red, black interior, and pretty much fully loaded. Drives amazing and lots of cool tech. Serves a very different purpose than the Outback but both are great cars. Driving this car is in part why the suspension/steering of the 2010 Outback bothered as much as it did - it was such a huge contrast. The 2013 should be better and looking forward to the SAP.

·
Registered
'18 Accord EX-L 2.0t; Wife's car: '16 3.6r Ltd. w/ Eyesight
855 Posts
Do you mind sharing how much your lease payment is on the '13 OB w/ SAP?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mind sharing how much your lease payment is on the '13 OB w/ SAP?
Sure. Here are details as you need to know all lease terms in order to put monthly cost in perspective.

-Negotiated price 30,569 (2.5 limited, SAP, puddle lights, side moldings, all weather mats)
-39 month, 10K miles/year lease
-ONLY taxes rolled in to lease, bank fee and upfront costs paid upfront
-$1500 of equity from prior lease applied (so essentially takes $1500 off negotiated price above). This will not apply to most so take that into account.
-Tax rate in my county is 7.75%
-Money factor 0.00130, residual 53% (these are through Nov 30 so could change for Dec)
-Monthly cost $370, $995 up front costs. I would expect that to be ~$40 higher without the equity I received from my prior lease.

Let me know if you have questions. I found they are not very transparent about the details of the lease and you have to go in prepared and know what all the numbers are and should be. They try to mark stuff up like the money factor and bank fee so be careful. Use a lease calculator to check them.

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
As you probably know check the tire pressures before leaving or when getting home. They dealer almost never touched those and they will be high like 38 psi or so. I would leave them high but not that high since it will be getting colder out in Ohio.
I own two BMWs and my OB has impressed me more than either my M3 or my 335. My friends can't believe I say that but it is the truth.
I was planning to sell my M3 and get a new one but thinking hard about just keeping my 335 and order a 14 OB instead.
You lease your cars so maintenance isn't an issue for the OB or the BMWs. I keep a car forever I like and the OB is a winner. Only issue I have is getting the suspension alignment tweaked so that it doesn't wander...
Wish the Limited came with the memory seat and keyless start. I do love those features on my BMW as well as the 3 blink signal when you tap the turn lever...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As you probably know check the tire pressures before leaving or when getting home. They dealer almost never touched those and they will be high like 38 psi or so. I would leave them high but not that high since it will be getting colder out in Ohio.
I own two BMWs and my OB has impressed me more than either my M3 or my 335. My friends can't believe I say that but it is the truth.
I was planning to sell my M3 and get a new one but thinking hard about just keeping my 335 and order a 14 OB instead.
You lease your cars so maintenance isn't an issue for the OB or the BMWs. I keep a car forever I like and the OB is a winner. Only issue I have is getting the suspension alignment tweaked so that it doesn't wander...
Wish the Limited came with the memory seat and keyless start. I do love those features on my BMW as well as the 3 blink signal when you tap the turn lever...
Thanks, will check tires. Memory seats and keyless start are available with the Limited/SAP. Did you choose Eyesight instead?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sure. Here are details as you need to know all lease terms in order to put monthly cost in perspective.

-Negotiated price 30,569 (2.5 limited, SAP, puddle lights, side moldings, all weather mats)
-39 month, 10K miles/year lease
-ONLY taxes rolled in to lease, bank fee and upfront costs paid upfront
-$1500 of equity from prior lease applied (so essentially takes $1500 off negotiated price above). This will not apply to most so take that into account.
-Tax rate in my county is 7.75%
-Money factor 0.00130, residual 53% (these are through Nov 30 so could change for Dec)
-Monthly cost $370, $995 up front costs. I would expect that to be ~$40 higher without the equity I received from my prior lease.

Let me know if you have questions. I found they are not very transparent about the details of the lease and you have to go in prepared and know what all the numbers are and should be. They try to mark stuff up like the money factor and bank fee so be careful. Use a lease calculator to check them.
Thanks. For me, I wouldn't lease more than the warranty period, or 36 months. Also, I wouldn't want to pay anything out of pocket other than for the first month payment and say $100-$150 for DMV. I could probably get away with 10k miles/year, but only if I drove the car the majority of the year (rather than my wife, who has a much longer commute). My taxes are over 8%, so it seems like a lease for me would be about ~$435-$440/month, or maybe up to $450/month for a 36 mo lease. If I get a 3.6r, that's another ~$3,300, which would equate into what, $55/month for a total of ~$490/month?

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5 LTD with Nav & Sunroof Pkg's
79 Posts
Thanks. Also, I wouldn't want to pay anything out of pocket other than for the first month payment and say $100-$150 for DMV.
You do realise the out of pocket on a lease only lowers your monthly payment. If you put some cash down you pay less monthly but in the end you're paying the same amount versus putting nothing down and having a larger monthly payment. The Cap cost is the same.

·
Registered
855 Posts
You do realise the out of pocket on a lease only lowers your monthly payment. If you put some cash down you pay less monthly but in the end you're paying the same amount versus putting nothing down and having a larger monthly payment. The Cap cost is the same.
Yes, I realize that. But if you total the car, you simply walk away from the lease; insurance doesn't reimburse you for everything you put down because even with a down payment, the equity of the car is less than the amount owed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts