Subaru Outback Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
17,847 Posts
Yes there was dust in box but its not that sealed or anything in front. I checked box was closed properly so dust still coming through then.
Makes me wonder how much dust might be on the MAP sensor wires (affecting it's readings), and how much dust has already gone into the engine. Has to be coming from somewhere . . .

Are you sure the air filter is the right one for the car, and is fitting properly in the air filter box parts? Is it a Subaru filter?

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Yes its proper filter what goes for those models.
That dust must be from before when there got some wet mud maybe then its dried and looks like dust but it was just in box some of it, nothing serious. But sure i duno how it got on that maf. Over time i guess.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
New info diagnistics. And that cyl 2 works just badly it gives detonations too like compare other cyls gives 0 detonation maybe 1 and that one gives like 8-11 detonation.
So he said its valves. Probably he said if not plugs and not coils then it must be valves... and thats remove engine about 600 euros job.. ouch
He said with that injector cleaner my temp went up and those valves got down or burned... but hmm is it one solution only?
So its cyl 2 itself i saw myself on screen that cyl 2 makes a lot detonation there.

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
777 Posts
It could be injector for cylinder 2, if its not injecting enough fuel and going lean, it will definitely burn up the valve and cause knock/misfire. You should really get this fixed/stop driving it or you will cause more damage.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Yh could be i changed them places like between 246 but didint cleaned properly sure.
I got lean fuel mix just when i used that injector cleaner. Then temp went up but with lpg using temp on valves is allways higher thats why who using lpg need to do those valve regulation from time to time and its not cheap because engine must be removed for easier job.
But yh that detonation on cilinder could be from plugs , coils or injector. Plugs and coils are kinda changed couple times .
But would that plug show on itself if those valves would be more down .

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
cleaned injectors 246 , with carb cleaner on presure how they show in videos . and ... i broke one top rubber ring on one injectoror it was broken maybe from old , anyway what to do i need to drive home , i found some longer ring so i put it double on there and tested it , petrol was not leaking , then drove to lake and car was going ok without errors even, but then petrol starts leaking little via that not good rubber ring, good that when i drive on LPG petrol is not used so nothing leaks too. so until tomor even nothing can be done as i work tomorrow until eve and then shops wont work anymore, so i hope i will find some rings online and will order those.
but thats ws interesting , my cyl 2 error code was gone and i even drove on lpg without codes , wow thats new, and someone told me i have bad valves there.
but when petrol starts to leak now it brough error again.. **** ... hope when i will change new rings there it will be good again ... **** i drove without errrors just before like in first time ... and even lpg worked ... wow . but now my cyl 4 injector leaks petrol some , but good thing it switches fast to lpg ...

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
saturday and im working so just got to shops after work and nothing works so what to do my injector leaks .
found those water seals . so they will do for couple days until i get my oem o rings

so after cleaning injectors 246 it drives much better , error dont come on lpg but comes if driving hard on petrol if drive easy not reving much then cyl 2 missfire wont come up , engine works more smooth too.
thing about lpg is that engine must work like very good on petrol just then it will work ok on lpg , so lpg kinda makes all problems worse ,and you can find them much faster i guess. so now i can drive again on lpg after just cleaning those injectors but now i need new o rings. so it drive better , well as before maybe better then before but still laggy from launch, but those errors now wont come up almost.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
so how is this even possible ?
did dignostics , guy said detonation in cyl 2.
drove home , cleaned injectors 246, broke one o ring on injector cyl 4 , put some other oring that didint fit but still , put it there, wasnt leaking , so i drove , car pulled good, no errors , on both petrol and lpg , was going like beast.
same evening that injector with wrong o ring started to leak petrol, next day bought some water o rings same size and put them there , lost retainer rign on injector so put 2 o rings instead. put all back. no leaks , car drives fine., pulls great works on petrol and lpg great.
next day went bought 3 used injectors, frist try one used one on car , car was trowing errors codes cyl 2 again, so i thought maybe used injector clogged or not from this model or smt, drove back home, changed that used injector back to cars injector put on it retainer ring and o ring from used injector that was in good shape. cleaned injectors 135 as well. put all back , no leaks , car drives bad again like before cleaning. whats is going on ???
thats depressing.
more important question why its was driving good without vibrations with wrong o ring and with 2 water o rings, but when i put back all that needs to be it drives bad again.
how to go back to that state when itwas pulling good but just trowing error for too rich fuel mix. but it wasnt vibrating then and working on lpg ... its just too much...why ?

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
777 Posts
Are you over tightening the injector rail? Did you apply some fuel/lube to the o rings to keep them from pinching? The injectors should be able to spin when installed.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
so some time passed and not much changed just now im getting some ticking clicking sound on parking or gear when i apply brake lets say some tickling clikcing sound like something would be loose comes in, and same time engine vibrates just a lot on low revs like it would want to stall but then it raises some revs and still works, this now going on for couple days for me, was not before, so its strange , what and why and how
thing is when i raise revs some on idle lets say to 1k rpm and keep revs like that engine is fine and its no ratteling sound , so on low revs engine works badly and something rattles and i can hear it very clear inside car come just after sterring wheel area , but i cant hear it outside from wheel or from engine area , hear it but just slightly. and cyl 2 missfire error comes up all time as well.
i duno doesnt sound like valves loose sound that i woud hear from engine area mostly or from wheel area but this i hear mostly inside somehow. and my steering rack leaking from top part where that rubber is as cover, maybe that part rattles i duno , from sound its kinda that area but what there to rattle ? and yh why sterring rack leeks from top ?

anyway back to low revs shaking engine thing. i kinda didint had this like week ago so whats happened there ? coils i checked before i changed them places, and injectors i changed places now like 50 times allready. non of injectors are new but still no matter how i change what i change its allways that cyl2 missfire error.
found exhaust leak in tube but its after catalyst number 3 thats last one just before connection to next part i found leak its cracked tube, but again its not in catalyst area its after them, i mean if it would be exhaust leak problem.
i duno what else to do or check. ohh i start to hear weird noises now that looks like some loose parts are in exhaust like they moving inside exhaust like in catalyst area , not allways but sometimes some weird noises comes up and when i open door i hear that just under car right there where door is . could be i shot those catalyst with all my missfire driving

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
now im getting both p0172 and p0175 errors like everytime im starting car and driving it for some time. then after delete on higher speeds it not comes back , but on lower speeds comes back again. didint thad this before. interesting .
wonder if torque all could show anything about my too rich fuel problem, any data about it ?
what i did again in last week. changed plugs back to new NGK ones , but it feels like it worked better on old Bosch ones. thats weird .
injectors changed back to original ones. MAF, throttle body, PCV cleaned again, air filter new. did removed headers to weld crack and put all back, doesnt sound like it would be leak anywhere but cant be for sure there.
some time ago removed fuel pump from tank and then put all back, no smell inside car so must be all sealed but could be that it not proper sealed and suck air somewhere... just dont know what else there to think.
it was not before this error and it is just now last days, so why ?
sometimes those 2 comes with cyl 2 missfire as had before but sometimes only p0172 p0175 .

81 - 92 of 92 Posts