Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Outback now for five months. Am looking for a help what do you think should be the 1st mod on the car. I use the car every day and I Mt bike/Rock climbing and long road trips in I have 20k on it. I was looking at a Front bar light or wheels. Can't seen to find ones I like.

Also didn't know if this thread goes here or not...?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I've had my Outback now for five months. Am looking for a help what do you think should be the 1st mod on the car. I use the car every day and I Mt bike/Rock climbing and long road trips in I have 20k on it. I was looking at a Front bar light or wheels. Can't seen to find ones I like.

Other than the sway bar mod, None. Spend your money on your Mountain Bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Bike racks?

19mm STi rear sway bar is an inexpensive modification, especially if you stop by a shop that modifieds Subarus. They may have one laying around.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Cheap and DIY: Interior LED light swap (you can find whole kits for well over $100 or just piece it together yourself on Amazon for ~ $30), HID headlights, STi sways, 6-inch lift and 33" tires.

Just kidding on that last one, but I'd love to see someone try it.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Skid Plates
LED backup lights
Upgraded headlight bulbs / HID
Debadge Rear
Yokohama Geolander Tires
Neoprene seat covers (Wet Okole)
Streaming Bluetooth (if yours doesn't already have it)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I have bike racks already also a sweet mt bike. I have the bluetooth already it came with the car as well as backup cam. (I love the bluetooth)!! Bradza your ride is sweet looking. Lights seem like a great idea i've been thinking about that as well. I hit a deer some weeks back and the shop debadge it for me so I got that done already. That's why I was thinking about a rally bar thing. Thnks for all the help guys. I am new here so it means alot to me for the help.

Jared

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
thanks, i was thinking of driving lights behind the front grill. the front overhang is bad enough, why add to it? however, i will need to find some kind of mesh grill. i don't really need driving lights, but considering my daughter has blonde hair, blue eyes, and long legs, i guess i will have to intimidate her little wannabe boyfriends. so i guess ill need a concealed weapons permit, more tattoos, and have to start lifting weights again. thats in addition to my plans of strut spacers/king springs, A/T tires, skid plates and probably haking off the black crap on the bottom of the bumpers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cheap and DIY: Interior LED light swap (you can find whole kits for well over $100 or just piece it together yourself on Amazon for ~ $30), HID headlights, STi sways, 6-inch lift and 33" tires.

Just kidding on that last one, but I'd love to see someone try it.
I wouldn't recommend attempting to install and HID kit on a Gen 4 Outback unless you really know what you are doing. PITA

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
also be sure its legal in your state. i've heard lots of horror stories about aftermarket HIDs, glad i didn't get them. i did however have my projector housings upgraded by an internet vendor i wouldn't recommend. im pretty happy with my lights but i've wasted $125 between two sets of light bulbs i thought would be upgrades. the stock ones work well.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
I did a great quality Philips HID upgrade and haven't had any trouble with oncoming motorists, police, or any other issues. It was my first attempt at HID and was uneventful. The upgrade to my visibility was well worth the time it took.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Because we have stock halogen projectors HID kits work well. Not as good as a a actual retrofit though. But at least we have a cutoff line unlike some reflector housings which have light scattered everywhere. The headlights need to be aimed mine were too high after I installed my HID's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can do guys I live (PNW) Washington. Bradze your lights look a little black on the side of them from pics I've seen of your car. Also was it hard to blacken the window liners? I think on my car they are silver.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The light bar is from Rally Innovations, you can check them out at rallyinnovations.com

Added a few accessories to my 2.5 base model!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
19mm RSB for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
Nickshu
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing