Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all, apologies in advance if I’m breaking rules, not quite sure where to put this as I’m new to the forum.

I’ve owned my outback for 4 months now, just recently (more noticeable in the UK heatwave) my air con has stopped blowing cold air.
I had it regassed at the garage this morning but it hasn’t worked they said it had plenty of gas in and it didn’t seem to be leaking, I changed the fuse for the ac in the cab and the relay under the bonnet but still no difference. I also removed the pollen filter and that seemed ok apart from a few small leaves which I vacuumed out. What do you recommend my next step to be?

Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,368 Posts
Just a bit of research first- I don't know what equipment was installed on the euro-spec 2010s.

In the North American market, 2009 and earlier Outbacks have a traditional compressor with a clutch controlled by a relay. 2010 and later use a new always-on clutchless compressor with a variable displacement system- the ECU ramps it up and down as needed. No relay.

It would be good to confirm which system yours has, because the troubleshooting steps diverge from that point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts